Bed Slide ramp

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by squid, Mar 15, 2017.

1. squid

squid New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Question about properly sliding bunks in and out? When sliding bunks in, does the end of the bed(end with strap) go over the bed slide ramps(white Teflon squares) and set behind the bed slide ramp which allows the entire bunk end to set on top of end wall instead of setting on top of the Teflon bed slide ramp. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right and that I'm not putting undue stress on my bed rails. Thanks!!

2. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    On mine it pushes past the outside lip when I'm taking it down.

3. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

your bed rails bend down or straight? (someone may have forgotten to put bed support poles before getting on it once or twice thus bending the rails)

I carefully pull and push in bed if you push the center of the outside end of bunkend.

4. squid

squid New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    My bed rails tend to bend in from the top. Not much , but enough to notice. I noticed this and this is what caused me to raise the question. I'm not the original owner but it has been taken care of. I'm going to raise the top pull bunk end out just a little, so the bunk edge sits on top of the Teflon slide and see if the rails are still leaning in and the top closes. Thanks

5. squid

squid New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    My wife says I over think things, or as she puts it," I worry too much about things". But after 30 years in the Navy, in the Submarine Service, I guess I can't get it out of me. One little thing can lead into bigger things.

6. Halford

one little bend can get the bunkend stuck until the rail is mended.

7. Anbgsu

Anbgsu New Member

May 25, 2017
    Any idea where I can find rails for this issue? Mine are slide ins and not rollers.

8. smit1088

smit1088 Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    If your beds go in beyond the ramps, then it is an indicator that the wall has moved some. The bed should sit on the ramps. The Coleman's are made pretty nice, but they are still just screws and wood. On the back of my campers, I pulled off the back panel and found one of the screws had fallen out. It was sitting on the bottom. What this allowed, was the back plastic to pull out of the seam a little and the bed ramps were off a bit.

On the front of my camper was a different story since I have the storage compartment. If you look inside your camper, you may be able to see where the front/rear wall are connected to the cabinets. Look at the top of the joint and see if you have any separation. If you see a gap, you may be able to replace some screws and get it back.

9. Halford

Is the rail stop still there? I had to replace mine... the rail bed ends.. one was bad but I replaced all 4 to be safe... less worrying for a while on this part.

It is amazing that a little part can wreck havoc the trip!

10. Anbgsu

Anbgsu New Member

May 25, 2017
    Halford: are you talking about the two metal stops at the ends?

11. Anbgsu

Anbgsu New Member

May 25, 2017
    Smit: did you remove the rivets and then use rivets to reattach?

12. smit1088

smit1088 Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    My body panels were screwed on, but I have had to drill out the rivets on other models and replace them. Not a big deal, but on some of the plastic connection (plastic to plastic) they use a special rivet.

13. Halford

It depends on the brand and model and year of the popup. not all popups have the same "stop" on rails.