Benefits/uses for pvc storage tubes?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by campagain, Jul 13, 2017.

1. campagain

campagain Member

Jun 24, 2017
    I see alot of pup owners putting pvc storage tubes on their frames.

Besides fishing poles, what do people store in these things? I'm curious.

2. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I keep my bunk support poles in mine. The canvas is attached to the ends of the bunks, so there isn’t a handy place to keep them otherwise.

3. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Rugs, sewer hose, whatever you like.

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    As mentioned you can store lots of items in the tubes.. I have also seen a few mods with multiple tubes mounted to store WDH bars, pie irons, marshmallow forks, other cooking utensils the possibilities are almost limitless..

5. BirdsNest

BirdsNest Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Utah
    My wife wants one to have a place to store the "welcome carpet" that she wants to get to put out in front of the steps to our trailer and to be the same size as the awning. We don't want a dirty carpet inside the trailer, so rolling it up and sticking it inside a pipe sounds like a good option.

shuang2 likes this.
  6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Our "rv mat" is too big to go into a (sanely sized) tube. I think most people put the bunk supports in them, but we just put ours in the "hallway" next to the folded galley... that space isn't suitable for storing much anyway, and they don't take up much space so we do still throw a few bag chairs on top.

7. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

"Real" RV's often store the sewer hose there, but that's typically not an issue for pups.

8. daschnoz

daschnoz Member

Feb 9, 2015
    They're not storage tubes. They're potato canons. Don't piss off the folks in the site next to you.

BirdsNest and neighbormike like this.
  9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Or dog poop canons ... :D

10. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I stored 1lb propane bottles in a tube, I think I fit 8 in there.

I may mount it on my current pup for either a rug or my fire pit tools and lantern poles/hooks.

11. Be-Ce

Be-Ce Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Albany, Oregon
    We store the awning poles in ours...

12. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    SE Minnesota
    I've seen people store their patio rugs in there. It keeps the inside of the PUP clean as you are not tracking in dirt, mud, rocks, grass, and what ever else falls into the rug.