Bike camper...only 100 lbs dry.

Discussion in 'Off The Wall Campers' started by ny_rocking_chairs, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Active Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Webster, NY
    Interesting concept, not sure how far I would really want to go with it...
    http://www.widepathcamper.com/

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Jun 18, 2013
    central Oregon
    It's probably works OK in Denmark....no hills there. A head wind and a hill would be killer!

3. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

May 19, 2016
    $3800 (or so) for the base model? Eep.

And yes, I'd not be wanting to tow that anyplace that was not absolutely flat.

4. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Hmmm ........... I wonder if it is available with a bike rack. [:D]

JaneyBundy likes this.
  5. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I have been to Europe several times tented everytime. They have huge campgrounds there up to 4k people in one and across the road another one just like it. I saw many strange looking things while over there very imagantive!!

6. BirdsNest

BirdsNest Active Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Utah
    The sample picture looks like he's pulling it with an electric bike. If you can afford that much for a tiny camper, I guess you can afford a bunch more for an electric bike with enough range to get to a campsite...

7. JoePAz

JoePAz Active Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Phoenix, Arizona
    100lbs is alot of weight to drag around. I see no purpose for this given the weight. Those are likely to travel by bike and camp will not want to drag this much weight around. I myself have bike camped where took all my supples and sleeping kit on my bike with me. Never have I wanted an RV. In fact don't use a tent since I want to keep the weight down.

8. CampFamily14

CampFamily14 New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Northern Alabama
    I can't imagine dragging that behind me. Our two-seat kid trailer felt like pulling a parachute!

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Not my style for sure, can you imagine pulling this with head wind on a bicycle ? Probably do ok on flat ground with a tail wind for a short distance :) maybe behind a moped or small motorcycle.