Black Bear Season

Discussion in 'Camping Around Wildlife' started by Orchid, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Active Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    I once heard someone state "we lost humility for the sake of self-confidence".

It rang true then. Now, I think it's changed to "we lost empathy for the sake of self-confidence". And it's not just the new generation. People of all ages have adjusted to put themselves above everyone else. What we should be doing is putting ourselves EQUAL to everyone else. I am not more important than you - you are not more important than me. Each situation should be looked at individually before deciding who "wins" - and compromise should always be the first consideration.

2. BBQdave

BBQdave Member

Aug 31, 2016
    North Carolina
    That's a good way to be.

People in that mind set come together, work together and advance themselves and those around them.

Those without that mindset tend to be left out and limited in resources.

3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

MASSHOLE

1380ken likes this.
  4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    Those invasive oriental bars who search out chicken teriyaki are the most dangerous bars.

Last Novemeber at Shawnee state park I went outside at about 2:30 AM in total darkness, in a half inebriated state, to burn a stogie. The black shape that emerged from the darkness about 15' away turned out not to be the black lab of the people a few sites down that I thought it was lol. I think I scared Mr Bar as he ran off, and later I heard him flipping the dumpster lids open. The next day at about 4 in the afternoon I decided to go get a burger and some cocktails at a local watering hole in Manns Choice. About a mile from the campground Mr Bar ran across the highway in front of me, came close to creaming him and probably would of totaled the GMC. Had to be the same one....pesky damn bears.

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do hereby leaveth my bar rifle to whatever finds it, Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killt the bar that killt me. Anyway, I am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    jnc likes this.
  5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Jeremiah Johnson great movie!

1380ken and Rik Peery like this.
  6. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    I was 8 miles into the woods Hatchet Jack style.

7. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    What would you do at 3am when you ran into this one?
    This little boy weighted 590lb out of Buckingham Co. VA this past Nov.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Rik Peery likes this.