Blanket Creek Provincial Park, Revelstoke

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by Haviland, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Haviland

Haviland Member

Jan 7, 2013
    This is a late review, but as someone who is now ramping up to look for new and exciting campgrounds I figured that I should review this one quickly for anyone that might be interested.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/blanket_crk/

We were there in August, 2013.

SPOT: I believe we were at spot 20 on the map: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/blanket_crk/blanket_cr.pdf This spot backed the forest, and was fairly private. Unfortunately across the way there was a double spot that was occupied by the only family that didn't care to follow the 11pm quiet time. Most days they had to bed told by the park staff that their guests needed to leave. Other than that there was a very large space between the one adjacent neighbor (18) and they were not visible. Spot 23 was visible, but wasn't overbearingly close. These are fairly large spots, as there were some pretty massive units in the campground.

PROS: Felt very tranquil and private. It wasn't a huge campground, but was full (and difficult to find spots) most days we were there. We were very lucky and managed to snag one of two spots available. Night time was quiet and dark (except for our across the way neighbor, boo).
    Lots of walking paths!
    Man made lagoon and beach were perfect for the kids. Its just a big circle surrounded in sand. The middle of the lagoon isn't terribly deep, and the water was very warm. Sand was nice!
    There is a waterfall that you can easily walk to, and the view was very nice.
    Most campspots were shaded under the large forest trees. Although the opposite end spots (24-45) were next to a meadow and probably got more sun.

CONS: Pit toilets only (ah, whattaya do?, it wasn't that bad)
    No showers (we managed ok)
    Bear in area, some paths closed off (nothing happened, and bears are to be expected in certain areas)
    Far from town, no store (had to drive in to Revelstoke for ANY supplies town not terribly close)

Spots can be reserved online, there are FCFS sites as well, keep in mind this is a popular campground and most days we were there there were people in the overflow (which was the day use parking lot). All in all, I would go back there again if I was in the area. The kids loved the lagoon and beach area. If we wanted to do some hiking there were tons of paths. Loved the lush green forest surrounding the campground. Besides the noisy neighbors it was a really fantastic place!

Lagoon and beach
    [​IMG]
    web (1 of 3) by Shealaine, on Flickr

Bad picture of the spot
    [​IMG]
    web (2 of 3) by Shealaine, on Flickr

Waterfall in campground
    [​IMG]
    web (3 of 3) by Shealaine, on Flickr