boat winch or drill motor to raise coleman roof

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by orion669, Mar 20, 2017.

1. orion669

orion669 New Member

hi folks. i was thinking of using a boat winch to lift my pup. mounted in front and attach to lower shaft. keeping upper crank for final lift. i would not use the cable on winch but adapt the crank part of the winch to direct drive lower shaft. seems like it might work. 12V but also original upper crank. thoughts, suggestions etc.
    my pup has an AC on top and have given thought to a drill option. i need recommendations for drill that will absoulutley lift my roof. i dont mind buying one but i only want to buy one. i tried a 1/2" drive elec drill and didnt budge it. its a bear to crank i have an 18V ryobi and nada. any suggestions would be great
    thanks
    Rick

2. dirkdabass

dirkdabass Member

Jul 11, 2015
    New Jersey
    I have had good service from a 20v Rockwell RK2852K2.
    It has a high torque rating and adjustable speed and gearing. Not cheap but not the most expensive. What sold me on it was the published torque rating (531 in-pounds). Many of the competing models did not bother to even list it which made power comparisons impossible. Some that listed it had inferior torque. I've used it two years and seems sturdy enough. Decent power for decent money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OTEB1CO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. orion669

orion669 New Member

hi thanks for the idea and info. that would certainly be the easiest route. is it hard to hold onto? i might be able to brace it. thanks again