Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Need2Travel, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmshay6

wmshay6 Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Help with BoSox tix?

Ok, let's get it out there . . . .we're O 's fans. Go ahead, I can take it [:D]

But we'll also be in Boston and you GOTTA see Fenway. Can't find 5 (affordable) tickets for either the 3 rd or 5 th against the Padres. Tried redsox.com, stubhub and ticketmaster.

Any other ways that locals get tix? Can't really do standing only with the kids . . .

Advice? You can always buy upper levels at the gate for o's games. Appears to be not the case at Fenway.

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Up until last years disaster with bobby V, they had over 5 consecutive years of sellouts. I suspect with the way they are playing now that will be the case again. 5 seats will probably be outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

If you want to experience Fenway without spending a fortune on game tickets, you can take a tour of the stadium. They take you from the box seats behind home plate to the EMC club, Budweiser deck to the Green Monster and many places in between. The tours run hourly up until an hour or so before game time (assuming there is a game). I'd suggest trying to get on the last tour of the day as it typically ends on the Green Monster during BP! The last time I took the tour (couple years ago) it was $10/head . . . go to the official Red Sox store across Yaunky Way from the stadium.

. . . . and by the way, I grew up a Washington Senators fan until they moved to Texas (I'm too young to remember the 1st version of the Senators/Twins) . . . . Became an O's fan later and was sitting at Game 1 of the 79 World Series to see Mike Flanagan start and win for the O's. I was devastated when the Pirates and the "We are Family" crew beat the O's in the series. . . . . also a big Redskins fan . . . . my folks had season tickets for many years when they were in RFK . . . . crazy place to see a game!

NHeer

4. Storm Trooper

Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

BTW, there is kayaking & canoeing on the reservoir inside that park.
    We'll be bringing our yaks along. Not sure if we'll get out to the Bay, but the reservoir looks interesting.

5. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire

Kayaking! Yes!

Wont be there until the second half of the week but I too will be bringing a kayak. In fact I could bring two if anyone was interested in joining me, the wife doesn't kayak.

I'm also going into Boston on the 3rd (the night before we arrive at camp) with a Meetup group to paddle the Charles along the Esplanade where The Boston Pops will have their rehearsal Concert. If anyone was interested in this the details are here.
    http://www.meetup.com/Cape-Cod-Sea-Kayak-Club/events/101492342/

6. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    FYI in case I didn't mention it. Showers are Free.

Bugs are typical New England, they hit as night falls. I would recommend bringing some Off for the evenings

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

7. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Oh yeah, fishing is allowed at the park reservoir as well as the canoe/kayak

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

8. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

May 18, 2013

Alas I tried to pull every string, call every favor, and grease some palms. But my job site is still short staffed by 3 employees. I will not be attending. Hopefully their will be another rally besides the fall rally that will take place. Hopefully Ill be able to go do something [:(]

9. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

May 13, 2012

We are thinking of doing a whale watch. Anyone done one out of Boston?

10. Storm Trooper

Heading out in a few hours. See you all there and everyone have a safe trip.

11. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally

Fishermen's in RI is in September, weekend after Labor day - *** Link Here ***. It is the staple annual rally of New England and grows in attendance each year, there are a few sites still left

12. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island

I have not taken one out of Boston, but I have good things about the ones out of there. If you've never been on a whale watch it is a great way to spend a few hours.

13. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island

I'll see you tomorrow morning [:)C]

Drive safe everyone, and I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone as they come in during the week!

14. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012

We are looking forward to arriving on Wednesday afternoon! Are there more available sites for this Rally? I know it is just right around the corner, but a friend asked me to check for them.

15. wmshay6

wmshay6 Member

Jul 6, 2011

Going to start packing the PUP tonight- weather permitting. Everyone is really excited.

Hold the place down for us till we get there on Saturday! Gonna be a LONG drive. . . . .

16. Storm Trooper

We are here and waiting for everyone.:)
    Have a safe trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire

Batten the hatches down Lou . . . You're likely going to have some T-Storms roll through between 3 and 4 tomorrow morning. We'll see ya'll Saturday.

18. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island

At this time there are a few sites still available. Very Few, so I'd have your friend book ASAP.

The rally officially starts tomorrow, so this is what could be considered Last Call! [:)C]

19. Shazcam

Shazcam New Member

Jun 6, 2013

Hi there,

My husband and I are very excited to learn that our second camping trip in the "PUP" known to us as "Whistle Pig" will be during the Rally..... We hope to meet some of you there and learn a few tricks along the way

Shaz and John Campbell

20. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island

Welcome J&S, glad you're able join in on the rally. [CP]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.