Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Need2Travel, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Hey everyone, there are multiple entrances to this park that are closed. Put 200 union street Hingham , MA into your gps to get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

thanks for the tip!

3. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

May 13, 2012
    Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Yes. Thank you.

4. Shazcam

Shazcam New Member

Jun 6, 2013

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

5. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012

OK So I am arriving on Saturday morning instead of Friday night.

I hope y'all have a great week and I will see you there. I still have the banner if anyone is on 93 north of boston and can grab it. If not I will bring it on Saturday 7/6

Thanks
    Jerry in MA

6. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

May 18, 2013
    wish i was their

hope everyone is having fun. Im not being stuck in my hot lame boring office [V]

7. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    All having a good time so far, roasting marshmallows around a [​IMG]group fire tonight

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

8. jdubois

jdubois New Member

Apr 3, 2013

SO JEALOUS

But only 2 days till the family 4 day mini-rally at Boston / Cape Cod KOA.....

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012

We are looking to join a group going to the celebration in Boston on the 4th, if possible. Early is great for us.

Also, some advice please - should we stop and get our rail pass before we get to the CG on Wednesday?

10. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011

If by "rail passes" you mean the "T" as it's known, you do not need to pre-purchase. I assume you are staying at the main rally, and therefore would likely grab the Red Line in the Quincy/Braintree area.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=RED

http://www.mbta.com/uploadedFiles/Documents/Schedules_and_Maps/Subway/frequency-schedule.pdf

Getting in should not be a problem, but getting out on the night of the 4th... patience is required. Have fun!

11. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    If you are planning to get the weekly pass ($18) or a day pass ($11) and you drive by a big T station (something on the outskirts of the subway line, such as the Braintree station) you pick up the passes and use the in town transport very easily.

The passes are good for the bus, ferry and subway. In town you can take the bus (220) to the subway (Quincy Center) or take the ferry week days (Hingham Ferry) into the city.

The passes are only available at the main T stations (subway). If you don't have a chance to stop for a pass, you have the option to take the bus ($2) to Quincy Center (red line) and get your passes then (it is what I did, as not dealing with traffic while towing was worth the extra $2). The weekly pass can't be beat if you even think you might go into the city more than one day.

I have all the address information of where the bus, ferry, subway locations are when you arrive here at Wompatuak

12. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Weekly pass should read $18 (eighteen)

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012

Perfect! Is anyone else from the Rally planning to go in to Boston for the day? I ask because my husband thought someone had offered to "tour guide" for the day. It is just the two of us.

14. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    There are always people from the group going into the city. You're coming in just in just as I know I'm going into the city pretty much daily. Very welcome to tour with me (it was me who asked if anyone was interested) We'll talk when you get here, I make the rounds daily as people are checking in/out all different days for this rally

15. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012

Thank you for the information! I'll look forward to meeting you on Wednesday (wait...that's tomorrow!) - blue truck/orange camper :)

16. jdubois

jdubois New Member

Apr 3, 2013

For those of you willing to spend some extra $$, the Duck Boat tours (leaving from Copley Plaza, I think) are a *VERY* entertaining way to get a wide-ranging tour of the city. I live 60 miles south of Boston and have been to "the big city" hundreds of times, but the Duck tour was easily a Top 10 experience for me. Well worth it, IMHO, if you don't mind the fee.

If "au natural" is more your style, try the Freedom Trail walking tour ( which I've heard is great, but have yet to experience first-hand.

17. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012

Duck tours is in different parts of the city. there is one from government center too.

I have walked the freedom trail, lots of history there and it will take you the better part of a day to walk from end to end. USS Constitution is free, so is the bunker hill monument :)

Jerry in MA

18. Shazcam

Shazcam New Member

Jun 6, 2013

Finally arrived and all set up. Dang it's hot out here! Anybody know of a good place to go swimming?

19. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Welcome. What site are you on?

20. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Rally photo album is up, here is the link

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=161