Brand New Tire with a Hole

Discussion in 'Etrailer.com Trailers and Towing Forum' started by CampinMO, Aug 20, 2017.

1. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    Ok etrailer.com.... I purchased a set of 2 Taskmaster 5.30-12 tire/wheel (silver wheel) combos and they arrived via UPS Friday afternoon, August 18. I went to install them today, August 20, and noticed one had a lot less air than the other, so I started filling it. Turns out there is a split in the treads about an inch long and leaks air as fast as it can be filled. I am leaving for a trip on Thursday August 24 and need a new one before then. I will be calling first thing Monday morning to try and get this resolved. Please let me know what we can do to fix this issue.
    Order #105671924
    -Dustin Nolan

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    With that i would lose confidents with that brand. I would be looking for etrailer to replce both with a diffrent brand??

3. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    Both of them looked like they've been sitting in a warehouse for quite some time. Because I need it by this week, I am ok with settling for just a replacement. Although it would be nice for them to check a tire's air holding capabilities before being boxed and shipped....

tenttrailer likes this.
  4. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    Since they had to inflate the tires to seal the beads to the rims, you wonder why they didn't check to see if they held pressure after a time period before boxing and shipping. Kinda makes sense to me.:rolleyes: But I guess not to who ever mounted, packaged and shipped.:eek:

Did you check the date codes on the tires?

5. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    One would think so... lol. Quality control must not have been on their A game that day.

6. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    would the date code be the DOT #? I should clarify that the wheels look they have been in a warehouse somewhere. The tires look new

7. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    the date code on the tire is 0617, so they are only about 6 months old

8. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
  9. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    Well that sucks... But I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'll post back the results when a resolution has been reached.

10. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Sorry, It happened to me once. I got two bad tires from eTrailer. Kenda tires. Had a blow out on the road.
    Put on a spare and bought a tire from Walmart for the way home to use just in case.
    When I got home I saw a large bubble on the other tire.
    eTrailer referred me to Kenda who took care of me but it took about a week.

11. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    I was considering the Kenda's, but went with the Taskmasters because they had a speed rating of 81mph. Kendas were only 65mph...

12. Mausinn

Mausinn Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Washington
    Great ! This is concerning news. I just ordered two new tires and rims for my pup last week from e trailer so I would have fresh rubber for the trip in two weeks to Yellowstone. So now not only do I have to worry about them getting here in time ( I got an email saying they should be shipped within 7 days which would be tomorrow, I guess they don't have them in stock and need to order them themselves ) now I have to worry about them being faulty also. I'm hoping that CampinMO's experience is an rare occurrence.

13. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I have purchased many tires from eTrailer and only had a problem with two Kenda's, both from the same batch.
    I was treated fine by both eTrailer and Kenda.

14. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Kenda make fine bicycle tires.

15. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    I've been running Kenda motorcycle tires for around 20 years, never had an issue......but manufacturing thousands of tires, I suppose bad ones slip thru from time to time. Hope you get your issue resolved in time for your trip.

16. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    Just talked to lady with etrailer.com. She said she sent my order number to their re-ship department and they would be send a replacement and a shipping label to send the damaged product back.

17. daschnoz

daschnoz Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    So they took care of you on the material end of things. Since you need it in 3 days, are they sending the replacement overnight?

18. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    was told it would be a few days but I'm not too worried. Our trip is only about 40 miles one way so going with the current tires and a good spare. I was just happy with the issue getting resolved without being given the run around.