Bunk end won't stay pulled out

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by jport84, May 23, 2016.

1. jport84

jport84 New Member

May 22, 2016
    I have a 2012 Viking with what I believe they call the glide n' lock buck ends. I am having a problem with one side of the front bunk end staying locked in place. It keeps sliding back into the camper past the pin whenever someone sits on the bunk. I can pull it back out and it will stay locked for a bit, but then it will inevitably slide back in.

Any suggestions on what may be causing this?

Thanks

2. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Pics might help if possible.
    But, what if you drilled a hole in the upper guide rail of the bunk slide on the trailer side and dropped in a bolt?
    Of course, making sure there is no stress on thing or than anything is loading (as in "spring-loaded).
    I've done this to make sure bunk ends stop at desired spot when closing camper.

Best to you.

3. jport84

jport84 New Member

May 22, 2016
    As a follow-up I believe I discovered the problem with my bunk end. It looks like the plastic cap at the end of the bed rail on one side has become worn down. This is causing the pin that holds the rail in place to have nothing to hold against. I will get some pictures up next time I pop it back up.
    Now the question is does anyone know where I might find parts for a 2012 Viking? Is the manufacturer the best place to go for this?

4. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Did you get this fixed? I'm having the same issue with my new pup.

5. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

Nov 29, 2010
    I posted on this too. I have a Coachmen with the slide n lock. I sprayed lubricant on it and tapped it with a hammer a few times, and not it appears the pin goes farther down into the rail. For now, my problem is solved. I can also use a very small screwdriver as a wedge to hold the rail out in a pinch.

6. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    I took mine in to have it fixed since it's less than a month old, just don't want it to be an ongoing problem..

7. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    all the folks that have the door open when weight is added to the buck should be envious of the cable support system!

8. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    You lost me on this one

9. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    two ways to support the bunks, from above (needs good locking pin) and from below (door opening issues).

10. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Support wasn't my issue, defective end caps not catching on the lock pin I believe is the culprit, just don't want this to be an ongoing issue.

11. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    but it is!

A tiny tiny percent of PUs have the cable support that require the locking pins., my sincere apologizes for digressing!

12. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    I think it's a coachmen patented design.

13. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

Nov 29, 2010
    So just to clarify...you are saying your problem is actually on the rail and not on the pin? I will need to take a closer look at mine.

14. SoBe

SoBe New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    When I looked at mine, the end cap on the rail was damaged, being the pup is only 3 weeks old I took mine I. To get it fixed under warranty