Camden Hills State Park (ME) – July 20-22, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I'll post pictures from the area later today or tomorrow.

I did not see a bad site in the loop we stayed, the upper loop was more tent friendly and the entry row was very much A Class (field lot). Site 104 is large, not small as coded, but what the pic doesn't show is that its entry is the dumpster drop off. Didn't matter where you were, WiFi just wasn't

2. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Sites 30,31,33,34,36,38,40,42,45 looked the most level to us. The CG is kind of on the side of the hill. Non E/W sites on the lower loop14,17,19,22,24,25 will require extra for leveling. We were in 24, and had to jockey the camper around to find a spot where we could level it without putting blocks under the tounge jack. When I walked the CG you could see that a lot of folks no matter what trailer had an awful lot of leveling materials to level out campers (PT Wood and lynx blocks and ramps) The sites on the upper loop are angled and more challenging to get into. Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am and you aren't supposed to drive during those hours. The front gate closes at 11pm? So then you have to park out there and walk into the CG.

3. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Pictures! A few days late :)

From the schooner sunset sailing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few others, a mix from the area harbor(s), Mt Battie summit at Camden Hills State Park, the garden tour I attended, Penobscot Marine Museum and the Camden Opera House that we visited as part of the walking tour the library offered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    Great pics! I still need to get mine off the camera onto my PC, then I can post them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.