Camper tire pressure?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Hockeybjj, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Keep it simple. Max sidewall or max rim pressure. Been doing that for 20 years. All these formulas make me dizzy, lol

theseus likes this.
  2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    we air up to the tire manufacturer ST tire load to PSI chart. On the tire it reads something like MAX LOAD 80 PSI. We air to 65 psi per the chart.
  3. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    if the tag on the trailer is missing or not readable run max pressure, you are better off with to much pressure than not enough. tires should be replaced every 3 to 5 years, even if the tread depth is great because the rubber, nylon cords, bonding agents break down over time.
  4. etrailerJohn

etrailerJohn Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Wentzville, MO
    In order to realize their full weight capacity and maximize tire life as well as safety, trailer tires should always be fully inflated to the manufacturer's stated maximum pressure, which can be found on the tire's sidewall. This is different from a passenger vehicle tire that might have an acceptable range of inflation.

For more information about trailer tires, click the provided link:
  5. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    I'm pleased to see the detailed information posted in post #15.
    The trailer maker's suggest air pressure is entirely dependent on the tire the trailer was originally equipped with, and may not be correct for a replacement tire.

The OEM 5.70 x 8 tire on the prior trailer was rated at 640 (iIrc) lb. at the tire's max inflation pressure of 90 psi. The new tires I bought were also rated to the same 640 lb., but at 60 psi max.