Camping with 2 pack n plays?

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by MeganMac1985, Apr 10, 2019.

1. MeganMac1985

MeganMac1985 New Member

I have a 3 year old and 6 month old twins. Has anyone ever put 2 pack n plays in their pup? We haven’t figured out the sleeping logistics of camping with the 5 of us while the twins are babies. Any suggestions?

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

I would put the 3 year old in 1 bunk and the twins in 1 pack n play. Only need one that way.

3. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

How big is your camper? Maybe one pack and play and one bassinet. I also have twins with another child three years older but she is going to College next year.

4. MeganMac1985

MeganMac1985 New Member

It’s 14 feet... the boys will be 10 months when we first go, so I think they will be too big/moving way to much to stay in a bassinet. Maybe I put my 3 year old in a tent with hubby and sleep in the pop up with the twins haha!

5. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

I have a 3rd kid who is a year old and needs to be in a pack and play. I will be pulling the pup out either this weekend or next weekend and determining if I can fit a pack and play where the table goes.

If not they make smaller sized pack and plays, I will just have to decide if its worth buying one.

6. MeganMac1985

MeganMac1985 New Member

Yeah I’ve seen a picture of 2 pack and plays side by side in the bunk, but I’ve got to think they must have been the small style

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Might be easier to get some sort of foam for the asile way and use a baby gate. Just have to secure the draws and outlets if you have any there. Take the table outside, pad and baby gate and you have a pack and play, just make sure the seats are secured. Just an idea, im trying to figure out where to put one pack and play in a pop up...........

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Just throwing this out there for your 3 yo. When my niece was 3 we just put her on the dinnette table bed. It was much lower to the ground and closed in on 3 sides. We didn't bother putting a rail up. She did have a tendency to "wonder" at night and only once sort of fell off. Although she didn't even notice her head was on the floor but body on bed. She was still sleeping soundly. Even moved her back on the bed without her waking up. Must be nice to be able to sleep so soundly. I've seen a pack and play on a bunk end but not sure how easy that would be to access the babys. You can try and put the three yo on the bunk with you and put the pack and play on the collapsed table bed without the cushions. Im thinking the two babys in one pack and play should be ok for a short term.

NothingsChocking likes this.
  9. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put my twins in the same bed when they were young.

10. erich82

erich82 Member

I assume the pack n plays are for the twins? Never seen a 3 year old in one .

They sell travel pens that are much smaller. Probably could fit one on the floor and the other on the dinette bed, or put one in the slide out bed.

Put hubby or yourself with the 3 year old on the other end.