Can a broken door connector be fixed?

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by doggirl, Mar 8, 2017.

1. doggirl

doggirl Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I couldn't find this issue addressed before, so please let me explain.
    2013 Forest River Mac 176LTD pup.
    When the roof is raised and the screen top of the door is swung down, it connects to the solid bottom half by inserting two male connectors into the female slots along the edges of the door. One of the connectors broke off. Can it be replaced with an actual replacement part, or will I need to gerryrig something going forward?
    The weatherstripping is also torn about three inches in from the edge. I'd like to think that can be replaced easily but not sure.
    Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

PS. Sorry if I posted this to the wrong place.
    PPS. I can't get, let alone upload, a photo or I would.
    PPPS. I also just ordered an Anderson leveler from Amazon after reading through reviews. I suspect a bad level job is somehow related to the cause of this problem.

2. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
  3. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
  4. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Surprise, AZ
    I just received my replacement door seal from Hanna, they were quick to ship and i got it in no time.

Havent installed it yet, but it just looks like a few screws to deal with.

5. doggirl

doggirl Member

Mar 8, 2017
    These do look like the parts, but I'll have to get into the camper to be sure. Would you believe we garage the pup and leave the cars out in the weather? We have our priorities straight, but there's a mound of crap blocking the pup in and suddenly we're blanketed in snow today. It's going to be awhile but I'm so happy there's hope of an easy fix!!
    thankyouthankyouthankyou!!