Can I replace my 5.30-12 wheels and tires with 175/80-13

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Solo camper, May 4, 2018.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    This is a thread about tire replacement. Save the lectures on speed for another thread.

2. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    what did you end up getting? i just asked Bikefish about his tires.

3. Solo camper

Solo camper Member

Apr 23, 2018
    West virginia
    Got the 5.30 x12 with the m rating for up to 81 mph.

4. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    When I drive on the interstate, I like to use my cruise control because if I don't, I tend to go a faster. I really don't like going over 60mph. I've pulled an empty horse trailer before, but it was on a county road. A guy I dated was in the mounted patrol with the Sheriff's Dept. and we went to pick up horses that were abandoned and the broke out and were in a ladies yard - a mare, stallion and colt. Trying to load her was like a rodeo so they were leading to a guys place down the road and I was pulling the trailer behind them.

I've never pulled anything, but I think I'm afraid to go the speed limit and have idea what other people do. Do they go the speed limit or slow because of the load? Driving my aunts station wagon, I went to slow down with a wedding cake in the back, not only did the cake slide, but I felt the weight of the rear of the wagon. Had to go back and fix the cake though, thank goodness I was still in my neighborhood.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Scratch all that has written. There are tow speed threads where you can ask that. Even start your own.

6. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    TIRES
    camper cant go without them! i need tires too after this trip.

as for speeds, in texas, the BACK ROADS have 75mph posted, the locals do 80-90.

on long flat straight asphalt, even my old truck can tow smooth doing 75.

Solo camper likes this.