Can I travel with cassette potty full?

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by RDWRER, Jul 17, 2017.

1. RDWRER

RDWRER Member

Jul 31, 2015
    This is probably a stupid question, but, in an effort to reduce setup/tear down time on overnighters, can I fill the potty holding tank before leaving home and then not dump the cassette (as long as it's not too full) when leaving the campground for the next destination?

2. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Red Wing, MN
    I normally fill my cassette holding tank before I leave home, and just leave what ever is in it for the return. The waste tank, however, I do try to empty it out at the end of the trip. One trip I didn't just because it was a downpour, and I didn't want to stand in the rain dumping it. But it did stink something fierce when I did get to emptying it (a couple days after being home).

But I have gone to the Dark Side, and my thinking is that it would be nice if needed to just pull over and use the toilet if needed. Haven't had to yet, but it's there if needed. That would be hard to do in a pop-up.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I keep the water tank full all season on my cassette, but do make sure I empty the holding take of it's black water after each trip. Now if your only breaking camp and driving to the next place you should be fine. I just wouldn't want it to stew in a 90 degree camper over the weekend or something.

4. TrailManorMan

TrailManorMan New Member

May 17, 2017
    NE Ohio
    I often dump at home, the chemicals and sloshing work wonders on the waste, use chemicals and you shouldn't smell anything. I don't leave it set long but no issues here

5. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    X-2 jmkay1..........that's the way i do it [CC]

6. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    X 3 jmkay way

7. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Member

Jul 18, 2005
    I have traveled with both full. No worries.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Should not be a big problem, but as stated use the chemicals, you would not appreciate the aroma that will come out of it, in the heat.