Cancooker

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by marines0811, Jul 18, 2012.

1. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Has anyone used The Cancooker ? I am thinking of buying one. They look great to cook camping with.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I thought they looked interesting, but would not fit into our style of camping. If we were going to do more group trips, I would consider it, though finding space to transport it might be an issue.

3. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    it really isn't that big. And from videos looks like you can put as much as you want in it. We are a family of 5 so should work great for us. checkout you tube videos all kids of recipes.

4. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I just watched a video on YouTube using the can cooker. Looks really neat. Would love to hear someone's review.

5. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Made Italian Chicken with Veggies . Was easy and good but forgot to spray bottom with Pam so now trying to get burnt stuff off of bottom.

6. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    I thought I'd revive this thread because my DH just came home from deer camp with one of these. His deer camp friends pitched in and bought us one because they know we often do camping rallies and group camping. He told me that they used one for several meals at camp. I can't believe that I'd never seen or heard of one until yesterday. I'm anxious to try it out, but at $89 I probably wouldn't have bought one. Glad it was a gift! Anyone else used one and have reviews? I did read that it's important to spray the inside with Pam to prevent sticking food.

7. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I never knew about these until this post. How does the meal turn out?

8. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Jul 9, 2010
  9. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Found this old thread... I have had a can cooker for a while and have still yet to try it... anyone else use one?

10. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Still not sure what it is? A large can you put over a fire? Why not use a large pot? Confused.....

11. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Well... you're not alone - it's been in my cupboard for like 3 years lol... it's kind of a pressure cooker I think.... guess I will just need to try it sometime... but yes - I have pots I already use lol

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. Kampus

Kampus Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Slate Belt, Pa
    I just ordered one of these for the camper using amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. They come in 3 different sizes now, we got the smallest, the "Companion". This size should be more than enough for the two of us and easier to store in the camper...plus its about half the price of the big one.

I have wanted one for some time after seeing my buddies. Not so much a pressure cooker...its a convection steamer. Great for one pot meals and easy cleanup...you basically just empty it, add some water and steam clean it. They have some decent recipes on their website https://www.cancooker.com/recipes/

It should be here Thursday and I will probably try a meal or two in it this weekend.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  13. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Keep us posted! I'm sure I will try mine eventually lol

14. Kampus

Kampus Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Slate Belt, Pa
    First meal from the cancooker. Cajun seasoned chicken. It was pretty damn good. Threw everything in the cooker and let it go on medium heat for about an hour. Carrots and potatoes where fully cooked...chicken was so tender. Clean up was quick. We are going to try a few other combinations of things before camping season starts so we know what is good.

Attached Files:

15. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Looks good!!