Carryout stove replacement

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by rwarburton, Jan 29, 2015.

1. rwarburton

rwarburton New Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Hello all,

I just purchased a 2007 Jayco Baja 10Y pup. Everything is there and in good shape. It was through a salvage title so got a pretty good deal on it. It even has some mods like a floor mounted AC, Thule roof racks and a 2' wide rear rack. Unfortunately the original stove is no longer with the camper. I would like to buy one but have not been able to find one. I tried the original Suburban SDN 2, two burner drop-in stove from Shoprvparts.com but it was a pretty weak unit so I sent it back (the manuals for the camper were for this unit). I have two Coleman gas camp stoves from years of camping out of my Toyota but really want a low pressure stove that I can hook up to the quick releases already in and on the outside of the rig. I am looking at the Camp Chef two burner but it has no lid or guards/windscreen. Let me know if any of you have had any luck with this in the past or if you know the model stove that came with the camper so I can try and find it.

Thanks.

2. pckeen

pckeen New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    There are lots of aftermarket stoves out there - any decent RV dealer should carry them. If you need a factory replacement, your best bet will be to contact Jayco directly.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I find the newer style 2-burner stoves to be quite disappointing so I bought the Camp Chef Pro 90... It is bulky, but man what a stove!! Still trying to find the right adapter to plug in to the camper lp connector so I just bring another tank. The camper's two burner is pretty much only good for my coffee pot.... [2C]

myride likes this.
  4. boondoggle

boondoggle New Member

Dec 28, 2014
  5. Van Keels

Van Keels New Member

May 5, 2018
    Hi-- I am in a similar situation with a 2005 Jayco. Just curious what you wound up doing. Thanks Vanessa

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

rwarburton was last seen:Apr 25, 2015
    Your best set is to start your own post in the Classified forum. Gook Luck in your search. Camp on

7. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    Another vote for camp chef....can't be beat....I have the pro 90.....great stove.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I have an old Coleman stove that I have had for years, I bought a conversion kit at Lowes, and an extension hose that connects to a bottle, I carry a spare bottle and use it for this also as a backup for the unit's stove.
    Good Luck and Happy Camping

9. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Low pressure stoves, for the most part, are pretty weak. However, we still use the original stove for what little cooking we do inside, mostly for making morning coffee. It works ok as long as it's protected from the wind.

I used a Camp Chef Weekender for outside cooking for almost 10 years but finally got too frustrated with having to monitor the flame and constantly relight on low burn so I upgraded to the Everest Two Burner Camping Stove about a year ago. IMO this is an excellent stove that provides both a good simmer capability with an extremely powerful high burn. In fact, I never use it on full burn, even for boiling water.

I hook it up to my main propane cylinder using a Marshall Excelsior Propane Adapter Tee Model ME422P]

In my opinion, I would not use either the Weekender or the Everest inside the camper. The Weekender is just too big but the Everest could burn the camper down if you're not careful.