Cedar Breaks ACOE Park Georgetown, TX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rvanderwerf, Aug 17, 2017.

1. rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf Member

Jul 20, 2017
    cedarbreaks1.jpg cedarbreaks2.jpg cedarbreaks3.jpg cedar breaks 4.jpg cedar breaks5.jpg We've been here twice now and it's pretty nice. Solid wood covered cement patios, fire ring and upright pole bbq. 20+30a hookups with water, didn't see sewer maybe that's on other sites. It's mostly oriented towards boaters and hikers. There is a long trails that goes around the lake that's 14 miles in total and a boat ramp to launch your boat. It's very close to the city and wolf ranch shopping center.

2. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I live within 20 miles of there. It is close enough where I could tow the camper then come back for the boat. Not much to do there otherwise. I like McKinney Falls. It is about 20 minutes the other way for me. I go there a lot. You have to book ahead, especially on holidays.

Phoodieman

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I was planning on going there one weekend last year but Austin was getting flooding that weekend so we had to cancel.

I spend a week at McKinney Falls every summer with my son while he attends a camp there.

4. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Where are you located at Sneezer?

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    DFW area.

6. rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf Member

Jul 20, 2017
    McKinney has more to do for sure but you have to book months ahead, Cedar Breaks has a good hiking/biking trail but the attraction is it's easy to book at the last minute. I love very close by too.

7. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    We live in Buda and have family in Georgetown so we wondered if this was worth camping at. We love to hike so the trails are great to know about.

8. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Palmetto State Park is about an hour from Buda. If you like hiking you will love this place.

Phoodieman