Central Texas Spring Rally 2017

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by shfd739, Jan 9, 2017.

Which weekend do you prefer to have the rally on?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. March 10

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. March 24

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    As I understand it, the official status of rallies on the board, has been somewhat broken for awhile, not sure if this is something being fixed and returned any time soon, most wagon masters basically create a spreadsheet, or another format to track progress on a rally they are hosting, and bump the thread to create interest or further involvement to promote . Good luck growing your event, big or small , it,s always a great time :)

2. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    I believe the issue with the rally board getting behind started when Steve was out of commission early last year or late the year before that. When we did the Texas Pupper's rally last May (I believe I have the right month) it was never moved to be an "official" rally. I haven't checked to see if any others have gotten listed since. It may be that it's not being updated currently.

I view it as something along the same lines as the "Weekly Photo" that hasn't changed for me in over a year...

3. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Billy and I just took possession of our two new "Feelfreel Lure 11.5" fishing kayaks, and we can't wait to try them out at Lake Limestone!

Attached Files:

4. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    WOW , looks great, please remember your life jackets.

5. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes sir! Two new kayak fishing life vests also purchased!

6. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi everyone, Mary Jane needs a childrens head count.....She has bought some Easter pails for the kids. We just need to make sure we have enough. Thank you. Txbum

7. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    One for us.

8. T-minusRetire

T-minusRetire New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Three for us.

9. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    2 here.

10. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    No kiddos. We are less than 2 weeks out, anyone want to talk about meals?

11. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    How about Saturday being a men cook the ladies breakfast "in bed" i.e. on the picnic table, and Saturday night potluck, all other meals are DIY?

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Hey I am sure the ladies would love a good breakfast. Lets do it. I am bringing my large griddle for bacon, pancakes , eggs. Phoodieman said he will bring his large griddle too. All we now is a time . I will bring a canopy pop up and a table. So do we make a list of items to bring or everyone bring what they want cooked?....

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Meant to say " all we need now...." my thoughts are faster than my fingers..

14. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Sounds good for guys breakfast and gals pot luck Sat!

15. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    My griddle is cleaned out ready to go. TXB, I took the screws off and cleaned the inside where the burners are. Had a lot of grease and stuff in there. Thing almost looks brand new. I broke my griddle in. I can get a whole pack of bacon on there.....I'm opening up the Apache today. Hasn't been opened since Thanksgiving.

Phoodieman

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    we are doing a trial run of TT with full hook ups this weekend. I will also test run the Coleman gas grill Phoodieman.

17. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'd say everyone just bring what you want to cook, rather than everyone having a list. Not leaving the cooking up to 1 or 2 people, but we all pitch in. Although if it's a men cooking breakfast I can imagine we have quite a bit of bacon and eggs! I've got some wild piggie breakfast links I may bring for all to try.

18. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Wish I could go but I have a scout campout with my son that weekend so I am already booked.

Have fun!

19. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    If someone can give me space on a griddle we're wanting to do pancakes for the breakfast. For the potluck we have a buffalo chicken dip that is great. Julie took some of the dip to work friday and it was gone in record time.

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    You can use my griddle Bart...Txbum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.