Central Texas Spring Rally 2017

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by shfd739, Jan 9, 2017.

Which weekend do you prefer to have the rally on?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. March 10

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. March 24

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Hey Bart, how you level side to side on your TT? You use the pups leveler?

2. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    We use 2 Andersen Levelers under each tire of the low side. Easy to use-drive up on them until level then put the chock under it to wedge in place. I also use a BAL extend a chock between the tires on the non leveled side to eliminate the rocking.

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I think we should have plenty of griddle space....I have the coleman stove too. slap a cast iron on there and you are ready to go....

shfd739 likes this.
  4. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    For anyone that sees this.. It looks like the weather Friday may be a little rough in the afternoon. There is a front pushing thru so Jewett will see some storms and winds. Doesn't look like anything too crazy but it may make for some damp setups. Saturday and Sunday's weather looks great with the night temps perfect for a camp fire.

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX0657:1:US

Julie, the kids and I are going on up thursday after work. Figured we'd rather get in late than have to tow in friday's weather. We'll be available to help folks setup on friday if yall need it.

5. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Bart, we are thinking about doing the same. Maybe leave here at 6 pm today arrive maybe 9 pm.

6. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    We will be leaving within a couple of hours. We will be available to help anyone set up that needs it. Will be bringing a few minor things. Richard we got your personal fryer in tow. To anyone else who may need anything ahead of time, post up anyone message, we will probably be there around 5-6 at the latest

7. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    We'll be in at 2200ish. Just give them a call and make sure a spot is open for tonight and get their late arrival instructions.

8. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'm rolling in Friday. Thinking about leaving at noon. Bring it on weather.....this ain't my first rodeo.

Phoodieman

shfd739 likes this.
  9. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Thank you everyone at the Lake Limestone rally. We had a great time seeing everyone and seeing the members of the Texas Puppers camping group. The breakfast for the ladieson Saturday turned out pretty good. An Easter egg hunt for the kids was fub to watch. The ladies cooking the evening potluck was awesome. Thank you thank you. Txbum & Mary Jane

lonestarcamper likes this.
  10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    I learned alot about leveling your camper by using Lynx blocks and even got to see the Anderson wedge levelers in use. Also learned more about black & grey water management. thanks skeeter, Bart, & Billy.

11. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    We all had such a nice relaxing weekend st Lake Limestone! Looking forward to planning a Fall Rally in Sept. at Wolfcreek Park on slake Livingston. Here's a pic:

Attached Files:

12. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Glad it turned out well. Our scout campout went well this weekend. At least I got to try out my new tent, which was awesome! Love being able to stand up in the morning to change instead of doing it while laying down. Weather was perfect on Saturday too, although Sunday morning it got warm and humid where we were.

Maybe I can make a fall rally if my schedule has room.

13. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    It was a good rally. Those kids are growing up fast. Some rain Friday but it was all good. I'm in for the rally at Wolfcreek. I'll wagon master if we need one. Thanks for the bottle TXBUM....
    Phoodieman

14. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    We will take you up on the offer up wagonmaster Wolfcreek. I can help with the info on getting reservations made, recommended sites and such as we get close to 60 days out. Enjoy New Orleans trip!

15. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Robin, I verified that I do have those days off. Have to get Jane on board. I have Friday 9-8, & Monday 9-11 off. Phoodie you are welcome. Jane said give the bottle to Phoodieman. I told Kathleen to surprise you .

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Bart, I ordered the Anderson wedge leveler and other parts needed for the TT. thanks for explaining how the leveler works.

17. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    OK, so second week in September. I take on wagon master responsibility. I haven't been there so your info on the primo sites will help. We have some time but I want to check out that place. Seems pretty cool.....

Phoodieman

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    phoodieman, lonestarcamper is the resident expert on Wolf Creek Park near Cold Spring Tx.

19. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks! The window for reservations for the second weekend in Sept opens up July 10, but I will be sending reminders and specific site recommendations much earlier. If you are going to start a new discussion thread for this Fall Rally, just let everyone know that we will be putting out the info on sites in June at the latest. It is TRA Wolfcreek Park on Lake Livingston, 5 miles from Coldspring, TX. Plenty of sites, beautiful landscape on Lake with creek also. Full marina, canoe rental and bait and fishing pier and swimming area. Town is county seat and has a good diner and antique and boutique shops. I could go on, but save more for later.

20. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Sounds like a birthday party is on order!!'n