Central Texas Spring Rally 2017

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by shfd739, Jan 9, 2017.

Which weekend do you prefer to have the rally on?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. March 10

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. March 24

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Anyone having a birthday in August or September let Robin ( lonestarcamper ) know.

2. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    That would be you and me for starters Richard!

3. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    I'm interested in the fall rally at Wolfcreek park. I have been there before but it has been several years. Please keep me posted. BTW I also have a September birthday.

4. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I just now saw this e mail. The forum changed so I'm not so good at the notices and such. I've never been there. What's the deal on this place. I hear people really like it.

Chris

5. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    @phoodieman - It took me a bit to get around to it after the forum software changed over, but I eventually wrote some scripts to "watch" all of the threads that I've posted on previously. Didn't take too long to run. The scripts aren't great enough to share easily, but it worked out alright for me.

6. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi everyone!
    Phoodieman are you still willing to Wagonmaster September Wolfcreek Rally?
    It's a great place. The weekend after Labor Day is what we had talked about. The reservation window opens in July (60days). I will post the exact date and preferred sites soon. I am officially retired as of tomorrow! Off on a long vacation and then I'll update the info here. All Sept birthdays get ready!
    Welcome BigTex 56!

7. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'll master that wagon!!! Congrats on the retirement. So we are looking at Sept 8,9,10 Reservation window opens in July and we plan September so there are only 60 days to reserve? That is a tight reservation schedule. I worry about the buy in on such short notice. You've got mine anyhoodle......

Chris

8. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes, reservation window tight but since after holiday should be ok. Thanks for taking this in. I'll help in any way.

9. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I have been looking at the TRA site and some other reviews and sites for Wolf Creek. Seems like they don't cram every body in there so tight. I will probably book to get there a day early if possible. May be stay a date late if possible. I am putting my thinking cap on trying to come up with some novel events. Suggestions are certainly accepted. I plan on booking a site as soon as reservations open up.

Phoodieman

10. sallugo

sallugo Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fort Worth TX
    The wife and I may be interested!!!! Nothing going on this weekend...will keep following the thread!

11. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    You all will like this park. I plan to go in a couple days early as well (just retired). How about some type of scavenger hunt? It could be something creative. Or maybe horseshoe or washer games?

12. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Phoodieman,
    Do you think there should be a new thread in "Rallies Being Planned?" Under any title you choose as wagonmaster. We were looking at the weekend after Labor Day. I know that reservations open up 60 days in advance, but perhaps we should put it out there for planning soon? Btw, there are cottages in Coldspring called Sunday Houses run by Mrs. Curry for those with extra folks not camping but wanting to come to visit.

13. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    OK I will dub it Texas Puppers Wolf Creek Rally 2017. I just got back today from a trip to New Orleans....Spent a week there. Interesting vacation to say the least... I'll see you all over at the other thread then. "Texas Puppers Wolf Creek Rally 2017"

14. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Can't wait to hear about that trip to NO! A week there is a long time. Bet you had good eating though! See you on the Wolf Creek Rally thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.