Centurion 3000 manual?

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by Jimbow, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I have been chasing links for an hour, does anyone have a manual for a Centurion 3000? The unit is enclosed in plywood and I am wondering what I will find when I remove the unit.

I assume I have to pull it forward to access the connections. I want to add a 12v outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Member

Jun 22, 2012
    North Carolina
    Hi Jimbow. I too have spent nearly 2 hrs this afternoon alone searching dead end links for a manual. If you ever find one, please post it or the reference to it.

On my mesa, I remove the access panel inside the galley cabinet and make sure there is enough "play" in the shore cable, wiring harness, and other 120volt wiring. You can then remove the 4 screws on the corners of the converter and pull it forward. Because of the 120v wiring on the left end, you will have to work the right side out first. My unit has Blue/yellow wire which corresponds to the 3rd fuse position. It is unused in my PuP configuration. I plan to add a wire to the connector harness and use that circuit for additional 12volt outlets.

I hope this helps.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Well I have a manual......... 12 volt DC Output wiring
    Red Battery Positive (and charger if applicable)
    White Battery and DC appliance Negative
    Blue Circuit #1
    Blue/White Circuit #2
    Blue/Yellow Circuit #3
    Red-Battery Circuit #4
    General Information
    The CS Series convertors is equipped with an automatic battery charger that will charge the RV battery while the converteris on, no user adjustments are necessary, The Auto-Recovery, short circuit and variable controlled speed fan features, are an exclusive of Centurion 3000. (This is copied from the manual)

Cutout size is 6.25" X 10.58"
    Faceplate 7.00" X 11.83"

Comes in 5 models CS600(6amps DC), CS1200(12amps DC), CS 2000(20amps DC), CS2500(25amps DC), CS3000(30amps DC).

The above is all from the very small owners manual that came with my 2000 Coleman Cheyenne. (not much to copy) no wiring diagrams.

[​IMG]

There is a fuse holder in the breaker compartment (right by the "ets") in the above photo ........ I think for the fan.

There is no "main" 30 breaker, but a 15 for all the outlets, except the 20 amp for the AC outlet. I was thinking about adding a 30 main with another breaker for my water heater, but could only find a 20/15 at Lowers $10.85. I am going to move my AC outlet to next to the converter above the GFCI outlet. This way the AC cord will not hang in front of the rear bunk. I am also adding a separate 20 amp outlet to have the refrigerator and water heater plug in to. (our water heater has a 110 VAC heating element. Stay tuned will be working out there later when it warms up.

4. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Thank you so much. When I add a circuit I assume I will attach to one of the unused wires.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Jim you need to hook up your PUP and take a ride up to Connecticut, We can take your PUP apart and back together in a weekend. [;)] [;)] [;)] I will be outside later if you need photos of anything.

6. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    This has me wondering, when I bought the pup I needed to added a fuse to circuit 4, one was not installed. I do not seem to remember a fuse in 1, 2, 3 yet me overhead lights function.

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    4 is the battery protection fuse. 20 amp yellow will pop if the battery connections are on wrong. No battery/No fuse

8. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    2014 will be our next east coast swing :)

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    You will have everything fixed by then, and you will helping others.

10. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    If I learned one thing from here, the mods never end!

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Here is the Centurion with the breakers removed .........
    [​IMG]
    Here is the DC pigtail The blue wires with stripes can be also seen at the fuses...... [​IMG]
    Here is the fan fuse (in think)
    [​IMG]
    Here is the common neutrals and grounds buss bars
    [​IMG]
    Here is the shore cord to breaker buss heavy black wire, the small black is the converter feed
    [​IMG]
    I added/spilt the circuits. The refridgerator and water heater have their own breaker.
    [​IMG]
    I also moved the 20 outlet for the air conditioner to next to the converter so the cord will not be in front of the rear bunk.
    [​IMG]

12. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    If I was to add a DC circuit, perhaps a meter and an auxilary plug, where would I tap into? I was expecting to see either a buss bar or wires [?:~{]

Thank you again.

13. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Any of DC wires. If you want the meter to always to able to read battery voltage (but you could add a switch) then you need to connect to a battery wire. If you want to not worry about leaving it ON, then tap off the "kill" switch on the galley.

14. hambone33

hambone33 New Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Gentlemen I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ....... the centurion cs3000 owners manual is only one page folded in half .......and not very informational at that . That being said all who would like a copy shoot me a pm with your name and address an I'll copy mine and send it to you . Or send me a cell phone number and I'll take a photo and text it or email it to you .

15. turborich

turborich Active Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Just pull the converter out and the diagram is on the back. It's a piece of cake. I've hooked up several accessories to this exact converter on several PUP's and hybrids. Just grab the battery + coming into the converter and ground the - to the grounding strip.

You can use this for hooking up a 12 volt outlet, volt meter, stereo, etc.

16. lawmanphil

lawmanphil Becoming a camper again.

Sep 13, 2015
    I have the cs1200 series. I've been trying to figure out what amp of fuses I need in mine.

Attached Files:

17. rbzbozzy

rbzbozzy New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    I need a little help with a Centurion 3000 CS1200 12A power supply. Everything worked great until I attempted to add an extra 120 outlet. I got an arc when I plugged the drop cord supply back into the garage outlet and total loss of power in my popup. Is there a fuse box with this unit?

18. rbzbozzy

rbzbozzy New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    UPDATE Since posting this I was able to locate the fuse box along with the ac breaker. Here I discovered two blown 15a fuses. I will pu a box of fuses and replace. Hopefully this will return the power.