CHEAP Battery Box

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Mamie, May 15, 2018.

1. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    [QUOTE
    We do use the same bottled water all the time just for making coffee with. That helps big time keeping the same good coffee taste..

One time I was desperate and smashed up my beans using a hammer haha...

Its all about plan B's for sure...[/QUOTE]
    I had a water pitcher with a filter, but I've been getting filtered water at Walmart. It doesn't have the chlorine in it that I have on tap.

I guess I need to get my tape measure out. I need to order that as well as a metal license plate bracket. I'm having a hard time with the bracket because I want the light and the tag to cover the metal.

No you haven't mentioned LA, but the first time I heard somebody say it, I thought they meant Los Angeles too.

There are a lot of good places to camp in Alabama and I won't have to go far. I'm especially looking forward to Deer Lick Creek in Tuscaloosa. It has decks you can set up your chairs and stuff on. I've got to figure out the quickest and easiest way for me to setup. I think the tri-leveler and wheel chocks will solve my leveling problems. I'm going to get some dry lubricant to grease my bed slides and see if they will slide easier and figure a way to easily insert the bed supports. I've been shown how to unhitch the truck and trailer which I was doing completely wrong. Releasing the door from the ceiling isn't a problem, but putting it back up is, so I've been thinking on that problem. My biggest problem is raising the roof. My 18v cordless drill will not help with that. I couldn't even get it to close one of the scissor jacks. Walmart has a 6.0-Amp 1/2-Inch Corded Hammer Drill and I'm thinking it might have enough power to raise and lower the roof. If I get the generator, I shouldn't have a problem with having electricity.

When I first got my camper I was thinking it would be great because if I had to I could pull into a rest stop and push the beds out enough to be able to use the sofa. But that would take raising the roof, pushing out the beds and releasing the door. If I had to make a stop before getting to a campground to setup, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it all in reverse in such a short amount of time. I have to recover from just going to the grocery store. I don't plan on going it alone except to Kentucky, but I need to be able to do it by myself. A friend of mine said other campers are very helpful and she and her husband have been rv and tent camping for years.