Cheap Bunk End LED Light Mod - Thanks Harbor Freight!

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by BikeNFish, Mar 9, 2018.

1. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    For those of you that want a cheap alternative to the plug-in bunk lights:

The DW and I have been using these cheap battery operated Harbor Freight LED lights for our bunk ends. They have two light sources, a magnetic base and a hook. You can use the hook to hang the light from the bunk support pole or use the magnet to hold it there. We keep a few of them in the pup and did not have to replace the batteries the entire summer.

Harbor Freight has free coupons out now (good thru 03/31/2018, but they produce new coupons every month or so).

HF Light.png

HERE is a description.
    JPBar and Garrity like this.
  2. digger2

digger2 Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I have at least two of those from previous purchases.My wife asked what I was going to use them I know.........and she will too in a couple of minutes.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    They do work really good, after going dark I don't use them for that but for lots of other things. have several (freebies ) a bunch of the freebee small led lights, also screw driver sets etc. I go to HF quite often and make sure I get the free items. I did get a big laugh, I paid and when the cashier she asked" do you want the extended warranty in this light" I said "for a free light, you must be kidding" her face got red and then she also laughed.
  4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I have a few of these. Great for setups in the dark. The magnet allows me to put it on to camper body.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I have used those for some time now. They work great as you have all mentioned.
  6. Katskamper

Katskamper Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    they have a new light that looks like a light switch