Cigars and fresh air

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Eskimorob, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    That is a rarity of all rares!

f5moab likes this.
  2. lonewolf465

lonewolf465 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    We don't smoke, however if I did, I would have a problem with someone coming to my campsite and complaining about it. It's the OUTdoors--------------------------

retiredmikey, Adam H and xxxapache like this.
  3. myride

myride Member

May 14, 2015
    I'm with you Adam, there are many odors I detest BUT a public campground.....in my own site.....enjoying a "legal" smoke of any kind is as much my right as it is his to NOT smoke. Hope tfisher never knocks on my camper regarding my smoke "bothering him".....be pretty tough explaining to the EMS what exactly happened to him.

retiredmikey likes this.
  4. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Redacted.

No need to feed Internet Tough Guy trolls.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  5. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    [​IMG]

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Just bought some new stogies today.

JustRelax, f5moab and tfischer like this.
  7. myride

myride Member

May 14, 2015
    No trolling here tfisher......and "tough guy" aside, you venture into my site trying to press your "your smoking is bothering me" attitude......you would get a less than warm reception indeed. You may want to find a "no-smoking" park somewhere and frequent that campground....lol

"Tough Guy" would be you trying to bestow your will on us in a public campground.

8. myride

myride Member

May 14, 2015
    Borrow me one.....think I'm camped next door to tfisher...lmao

9. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy New Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Since we never camp in campgrounds if we can help it smoke is never an issue. I'm wondering, however, how smoke is different than noise or bright light. If something that you are doing is bothering your neighbor isn't it the decent thing to do to try to get along? Making a comment that the guy would need EMS isn't funny, it's a sad fact that that's the attitude of many people. " if you don't like it go to hell". Makes me glad that I can always camp miles from anyone.

Thedude66, neighbormike and kcsa75 like this.
  10. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    I must of missed something. I don't see any posts where tfisher is talking about knocking on someone's camper to complain.

11. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I have no idea why you have taken a single post of mine from weeks ago out of context, and singled me out here when dozens of other people have said that cigar smoke bothers them. Especially when I made it clear that I would never go to another site and tell them to stop smoking.

You're the definition of an Internet Tough Guy.

12. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX

Agreed. I see posts all the time where people are complaining about generators, bright lights, partying late, loud people in the morning, loud people at lunch, loud people at dinner, loud people in general, kids running everywhere, people cutting through campsites, unleashed dogs, loud dogs, big dogs, little dogs, big motorhomes idling in the morning during tear down, huge trailers taking up too much room plus a TV blocking something else, constantly chirping car horns from remote lock/unlocking, headlights on when remote unlocked, loud coupling in tents, smoking, smoky fires due to poor wood choice, loud motorcycles, loud music, constant music, etc. Funny how everyone has something they can complain about against another camper, but as soon as they get in the hot seat it is their right to do whatever it is that people are complaining about. We as a country have lost that good neighborly aspect, and gotten more combative. The art of compromise and civil discussion has become lost to us. Like others I am willing to rearrange my trip a little in order to minimize the discomfort brought on by disruptions to my personal camping style or enjoyment. Take a longer hike, go exploring, watch a movie inside, find a local greasy spoon to try. We all camp as individuals to get away from some aspect of our lives, and collectively become part of a greater community, temporary as it may be, when we set up camp. Like any family there are going to be issues between people, but how we deal with them is what defines us. My way is not always the right way, and vice versa.

Pull up a chair and have a chat. I can't share a cold one or offer a smoke, as I do not partake in either activity, but I can offer friendly conversation, and perhaps something tasty from the kitchen. If I have any left a cold root beer from the cooler is our preferred camping beverage (and usually more of a craft root beer, so something a little more special than normal fare). Keep the canvas up, the tires down, head for the shade in the summer and sun in the winter and keep the good vibes flowing.

Lloyd B, JPBar, tzmartin and 5 others like this.
  13. Makin moves

Makin moves New Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Some people should just smoke a joint and chill! Makes the scenery better to.

Adam H, tfischer and kcsa75 like this.
  14. Aneemal33

Aneemal33 Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Minnesota
    You make it to 10? You're my hero! :p

JimmyM and Makin moves like this.
  15. retiredmikey

retiredmikey New Member

Dec 20, 2016

thank you lol