Coleman abs roof swap?

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by g34rh34d, Aug 6, 2017.

1. g34rh34d

g34rh34d Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Hello campers,

I have a 1996 coleman Yukon (and I love that thing!) And unfortunately it has the abs roof with some cracks starting to appear, I have looked into all the mods using the abs beads, rhino lining and other methods to try and repair the roof.. (I haven't settled on to one as of yet).

But my question is has anyone tried to completely replace the roof with one of the newer (2007) coleman Cheyenne roofs they have at coleman popup parts? From what I can see, all the dimensions of the Yukon and Cheyenne pop ups are the same for the roofs, so it seems like this might be a viable repair for the abs roof issue.

If anyone has made this roof swap I'd really be interested in how it went what was involved and lessons learned on it!

Thanks all!
    G34rh34d

2. J Lee

J Lee New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    We have a 1998 Coleman Natchez, from the Destiny Series. We thought the same thing and contacted Coleman Popup, they told us unless it was the same model it might be off as little as 1/2 inch and it would not fit. If you try it and it works let me know.
    thanks,
    J Lee

3. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    The concerns for this type of swap are the location of attachment for the lifter poles and the door, besides the overall dimensions. Looks to me that the box is wider on the Cheyenne and it's roof will be too big for your Yukon. 17' x 7'5" vs 17' x 7'3"

So looks you going take some very careful measurements on both campers.