Coleman Swing Galley chain

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Ianpkb, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Ianpkb

Ianpkb New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Portland, OR
    hello everyone!

I am making progress on rehabbing a 1984 Coleman Williamsburg and after sitting and staring at the galley for a minute, I noticed there were some gears behind some covers on either side of the galley. Being totally new to PUPs I hadnt noticed these before, but suddenly it dawned on me that there should be a chain connecting each of these gears on each side of the galley to keep the kitchenette level when it swung down. Really smart idea. However, I am missing the chains. I am wondering if any of you know if I can buy replacement chains for this old trailer, or perhaps what size chain this takes so I can try to source one.

Thanks for any info you can provide! :)

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Sorry, I don't have a swing level galley but FWIW, chains rattle, cables don't. Just sayin' but you could make your own.

3. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    A picture would help identify what you are missing.

4. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Stillwater, MN
    The parts manual (available on my website) lists it as a chain only. No specs provided, but they do show turnbuckles on the chain for adjustment.

5. link81

link81 New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    i just had mine apart yesterday for repair and adjustment.
    It's a super smart system. really simple and works well.

if you want, i can pull the screws off and snap a couple pictures and measure the chain. Looks to be a pretty standard size, should be pretty easy to find.

mine is a 1992, they should be pretty close i think.

6. Pinx Family

Pinx Family New Member

May 8, 2018
    I have a question, one of the nuts that holds the chain and lift gear to the lift bar was missing and we replaced it, but now when we lower the galley to the floor it sits higher on one side where the sink is and when we close the bunks up it hits the faucet. Do you know how to repair this ?

Thanks,