colletto creek

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jeffnsa, May 2, 2017.

1. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I had the pleasure of camping there over the weekend and it was great. the grounds are well mowed and no trash flying around and since we go a premium site we were right on the water. The bathrooms were kept extremely clean and thankfully it wasn't full but there were many campers around. The lots were pretty spacious and shaded but not much on privacy but it a someplace I will go again. The only problems was a massive storm blew through and knocked down my friends tent with his family in it and the older kids tent was blown down. So 6 adults, 4 teenagers, and five little ones jammed into the pop up for a couple of hours. Nothing broken, nothing lost and no injuries make it a successful trip that I want to do again but without the storm.

2. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I grew up around there. I stayed there a Thanksgiving weekend so I could visit all the relatives. It was the most central location I could find. They have fishing tournaments there. The weekend I stayed a big cold front blew in and the wind was really blowing. Luckily my site put me directly facing north and the wind slipstreamed around me. I do remember the furnace ran quite a bit because it got very cold.

Phoodieman

3. TexanSteve

TexanSteve New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    I'm only about 40 minutes. Never camped there, but have done a day trip. I really like it. It is one of the first places I want to camp when we buy our camper. Have you ever stayed in the KOA across the street?

4. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    No I haven't.