Coupler Locks...

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Rik Peery, Jun 15, 2018.

1. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    [QUOTE=". The problem with the Reese one that wraps around over the top is you can angle grinder the top thing off in about 20 seconds.[/QUOTE]
    I can open the Reese in a second , without cutting. But the lock looks good

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    I have a friend that is working on a better trailer lock. It looks to be well engineered.

Attached Files:

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. e_lizzle

e_lizzle New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    They prefer ones they can get off quickly, though. I live in a very high theft area for boats (South Florida) and we stay pretty up-to-date with the various locking mechanisms and which ones generally get worked over. Sometimes you'll get an insane incident where they'll cut one of those boots off someone's boat trailer, but most often they're just cutting the normal-style locks. Since most boat trailers here have bolted on couplers, they'll unbolt the coupler and bolt a different one on, also. Even the GPS trackers have their own problems too, it was discovered that some brands will only give the coordinates to the police and the police aren't always interested in investigating the theft right then.

The good rule is to have a lock that's harder to defeat than your neighbors' locks.

-E

Fbird and Rik Peery like this.
  5. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Or have a boat/RV that no one wants to steal. [:D]

xxxapache, e_lizzle and Rik Peery like this.
  6. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    [LOL]

e_lizzle likes this.