Curse you Amazon!!!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by 4xMeteor, Mar 20, 2017.

1. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Ok, for anyone that read the camp driveway thread (http://www.popupportal.com/threads/first-trip-camp-driveway.110683/) knows you don't take DW to wally-world after camp driveway where she can spend a small fortune on "must haves" for the NTU TT.

Today I discovered another truth, don't leave DW alone with a computer, internet access and a CC the day after spending a small fortune at wally-world :shocked:

Come home today and discovered we have a BIG shipment of stuff coming from Amazon [V]

Although I have say some of the stuff will be pretty cool to have[:D] DW threw in a new cast iron pan to soften the blow.

2. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    It does not get any better but like they say, if the wife is happy everyone is happy

3. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    There's gotta be a country and western song in there somewhere ...

Be-Ce likes this.
  4. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    It seems I usually only order things I need from AMAZON or head down to Walmart or LOWES... They gots all I need for my OFF-ROAD POPUP.

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

bob barnes likes this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    At least you have someone else to blame... I don't want to know how much I've blown on Amazon "must haves" :huh:

Dudman5703 and crackerJack like this.
  6. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    I love Amazon for everything! My camper loves me when I go inside my local Camping World.

7. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Ooooo what did she buy? I need some stuff!

You'll just have to go camping that much more to make sure you're getting your money's worth!

8. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    She got a small electric kettle, 4 new SS tumblers, colored handles for tumblers (got to know who's who), silicon pot holder, silicon oven mitt, water filter, etc... the list keeps going. But I did get a Cast Iron pan, leveler blocks, chokes and a surge protector :)

And if you read my other thread, you know we now have a new mattress coming Thursday!!!

Definitely gonna have to camp a lot more.

JunkyBurrittos and tls2971 like this.
  9. Maury.Morgan

Maury.Morgan New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You're gonna need all of that to combat this Georgia weather this year, and you might as well go ahead and buy a big tub of shortening to season that pan. Sure would hate for the one thing that you really like about this order to become rusted. Haha

10. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    ^^ My thoughts exactly! ^^

11. sarahlizz313

sarahlizz313 New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Michigan
    Oh man, you just described my week, but it was both me and my husband. He hit up a big sale at REI and I went a little crazy on Amazon.

12. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Tell your wife I need BAL chucks

tls2971 likes this.
  13. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Oh, you'll like this - got everything today and guess what else she ordered??? yep, BAL X-Chocks :)

14. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Bal X-chocks???? that works with single axle tire?

15. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

Jun 14, 2008
    Mine Hill NJ
    Happy wife Happy life. At least you got CI out of the deal.

16. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Online shopping is the only shopping you can do, nowadays, where you are not on video.

Unless...

17. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    I have dual axles, so it's all good.

Mattress came today, DW and DS got it in the TT today - looks comfy.

DW hoping the electric kettle comes tomorrow before we head out on our maiden voyage - we'll see...

mickaque, you know "they" can hack in to the camera on your laptop... their always watching.

18. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Wow, great shopping! I just bought bed linens and important things such as a soap dispenser shaped like a fox. [:D] I hold your wife personally responsible. ;)

19. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    Yes, Amazon is evil....I bought my Go Power 120 watt suitcase solar panel from their site..

20. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    At least she didn't go to PopUpPrincess and decide to remodel the whole thing. [:I]

WannaTravel likes this.