December 2017 - What did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Dec 2, 2017.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Many campers are already snoozing for the off-season, I know. I'm sure folks are planning mods and repairs, and trips, for next season.
    Ours won't be covered until later in the month, after the large ponderosa is removed and we have the TT detailed. We've had the cleaner/protectant kit for the EDPM roof for a while, and it's been overcast today, so DH is doing that. I'm still cleaning it out for the winter.
    Th old axle is sitting in the side yard, waiting to see if it's needed for the warranty. I picked it up this week from the shop that did the replacement, our dealer is working on the warranty. The new one looks heftier than the original, even though the rating is supposed to be the same.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I had a good day. Install new thermostat .... digital readout with simple on/off switch. Battery powered motion punk light near door to find main light switch when entering in the dark. A screen door pull bar ..... dw seems to always grab the wrong part of the screen door to close it. Larger fire extinguisher. added fold up leg to outside step. Solar powered led motion light on the side of the camper. And the biggest thing I did was to get rid of those dam posts for the table, now table has clips at the wall and a fold up leg. Much more room under the table. Tomorrow I do the floor.

kitphantom likes this.
  3. MrBill12

MrBill12 Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
  4. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    Considered pushing the snow off the top of the camper, but decided to wait till it gets over a foot.:eek:

gladecreekwy likes this.
  5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Have to check electric winch. Last time I used camper it stopped at about a foot from where it suppose to be when lowering. It was not the limit switch. The up/down switch would only work going up and quit working when going down. Thank goodness the manual over ride worked got it lowered down and made it back home. Its the older Carfree model, think I may just put a manual lift on the camper and no more worries with the electric model.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  6. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    I have never regretted removing and trashing that power winch on my 228BH. It was an immediate piece of mind when I went camping in the middle of nowhere.
    Just hope that the cable is longer than required for the power winch, or you will have to replace the cable; I did.

7. Katskamper

Katskamper Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    canvas cabinets for galley.

Attached Files:

8. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    I didn't do anything to my camper, but I did get a new TV. 2017 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost with 10 speed transmission. I may need a larger camper now....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Strawhouse likes this.
  9. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Nice one, Josh! You know, of course, that another new camper would mean yet another ‘discussion’ about who gets which bunk! :eek:
    Good luck with that....:D
    Miss you all!

10. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Nice Josh! What happened to the Ridgeline?

11. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Nice looking truck!

12. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Good point, Mike! I could have used it!

13. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

1. We unofficialy named the pup "The Summer Home"

2. Brushed the snow off of it! :-(

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 9:08 PM
  14. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Got my floor done and added an extra bulb and socket to my dinette overhead light.

15. VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    I'm going to sell it. It's a great rig, but I just needed a little bigger vehicle. That and I was getting truck envy at the Vermont rally! :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  16. VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    True story!

17. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I pulled the final few items that needed to come out for the winter. Turned off the refrigerator, moving the last of the opened condiments into the house. The gas is off, we always leave it on as long as the 'fridge is running, in case the power goes out. Power cord stuffed into the "mouse hole", ready to move it to the street so the big tree can be cut down.

18. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Over the weekend I walked over & pressed the button that operates the waterproof voltmeter i have installed on one of the battery boxes, to make sure the BatteryMinder was doing it's job......

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 9:08 PM
  19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    New propane tank cover ........ tv wall bracket ....... LED interior bulbs .... paper towel holder.

20. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The 35-40' ponderosa looming over the camper was removed today. That will make things a lot cleaner - no more birds roosting above the trailer, dripping sap, and baskets-full of needles.
    Removing the tree also allows the TT to be parked a foot or so farther from the center of the driveway.