Dicor Self-Leveling?

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by NoleFan, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM.

1. NoleFan

NoleFan New Member

Getting ready to lay some Dicor down on the roof of my pup.

Going to scuff and clean the old stuff up good before doing so, but I have a stupid question.

When laying the self-level, I assume you just run the bead and leave it alone to "level" without forming the bead of caulk like you would in a house?

What about the Dicor non-sag, do you form it after laying the bead? Will be using this on the curve and side of the roof.

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

On the self leveling, yes, you just run a bead and leave it alone. It will level out and look very nice in the end if you run even beads and keep your fingers out of it.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

If your just going to clean and scuff, make sure you apply the self leveling in a way to completely cover the old sealant.. Preferred way would be to use a razor blade or X-acto knife and remove the top off the old sealant, clean the area, then completely cover with the self leveling..

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Use brake clean on a rag to clean to old sealant. You don't need to completely cover the old sealant

nineoaks2004 likes this.