Do we need to lube our Slide-Outs?

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by Halford, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    That got me wondering when I was camping last weekend: do we need to lube the slide-outs? anyone done it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Dont have a slide out, but i think anything that moves needs a little lube now and then. So yes.

tombiasi likes this.
  3. BillyMc

BillyMc Active Member

Mar 25, 2018
    South Carolina
    I lubed my bunk slides with spray white lube and they move a lot easier. They looked like they never had any lube at all.

4. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Thousand Oaks CA
    I do all slides (including the bed slides), lift posts, and pulleys at least twice a year.

5. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    When I first bought our pup, it was nearly a two man job to pull/ push the bunkends, a shot of dry silicone spray, & now I can move them one handed.....made a HUGE difference. I spray them at the start of every season now.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Umm never lubed my slide out but really wouldn't be that hard to do since I'm already under there during my winterizing process. Probably would be a good idea to keep everything moving. I've drylubed the bed slides every season sometimes more and cleaned out the rail track once in awhile to prevent it from gumming up. That's actually something i forgot to add to my list, dry lube. Used the last of it up on my last camping trip.

7. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I lubed the pull out beds and lift arms on my Apache with silicone often.

I keep a can of silicone in my TT. I use it on lock striker plates, dump valve pull rods, garden hose fittings, awning arms, ect.

8. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    yes about once a year

9. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I lube the bunk slides and lift posts a couple times a year with WD-40 silicone spray. If I had a slide out, I would use it there, too.

10. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I do it every spring.

11. William Freeman

William Freeman Active Member

May 5, 2018
    Richburg SC
    Something else I need to pack for the trip this weekend - so I can lube it while the dinette is slid out. I sprayed the bunk ends this summer but didn't even think about doing the slide while it was out!

12. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Yeah, sometimes I forget the obvious too. I re-waterproofed the screen side of my bunk end window flap from inside the pup after I scrubbed the bunk ends, then didn't realize until the end of the season that I never got around to re-waterproofed the outside of the bunk ends. When it rained, I couldn't figure out why the water was soaking through the canvas sides. DUH!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    William Freeman likes this.