Do you have license plates on your camper?

Discussion in 'On The Road' started by Buttermilk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    The good news is that Virginia like New Hampshire recently moved the vehicle inspection stickers to the drivers side lower corner of the windshield to avoid interference with new safety technologies like collision avoidance systems.

image.jpg

Pimpy likes this.
  2. Pimpy

Pimpy New Member

Apr 27, 2018
    Georgetown County, SC
    Well about time. I'm happy for you and your cars. That was long overdue.

megcabra likes this.
  3. JunieB

JunieB Member

May 8, 2018
    Central Florida
    Florida requires plates. Renewal deadline is always your birthdate. When I store it for rainy season (summer) I take the plate off and stash inside. Why? That thing is valuable. We call it "new wheels" in FL and you have to pay for the vehicle's 1st plate, through the nose. Even an older car moved in from out of state may cost $400 for that 1st plate. "Cover charge" for moving to FL.

4. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Here in Idaho, all trailers, even the dinky one I pull behind my motorcycle have to display a licence plate, & if they have more than a bed & a light in them, an RV sticker as well. Utility trailers don't have to be titled, but RV trailers do.

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

If you report it stolen, you are not charged for a new one. It's only $200 for the new plate in my county. I have one on my account right now from a car I sold, thankfully, so if we get a second vehicle I won't have to pay it. I kept the paperwork just in case. [LOL] Nobody is losing my freebie in the system.

6. NEKPOPUP

NEKPOPUP Member

Sep 21, 2016
    I registered once to get a plate. never renewed, they never check popups, and most of the time i am camping out of state where they can't really do much about expired tags and no inspection.

7. JunieB

JunieB Member

May 8, 2018
    Central Florida
    I accidentally drove without the plate on, first time out this year. Even saw a couple state troopers-- did I get stopped? Nah. But not so much worth taking the chance intentionally.