Dometic RM2193 refrig wiring question

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by kimsteve0110, Dec 29, 2017.

1. kimsteve0110

kimsteve0110 New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    I have a dometic RM2193 refrig that does not work on 120v. I think the problem might be with one of the wires that came loose under the control panel, however, I want to be sure that I have the correct wires going to the correct prongs. If anyone has this type of fridge, can you tell me what color wires go to the 3 prongs under the control panel (also, there is one other prong set away from the other three that has no wire to it....is this correct.) I'm not an electrician so the wiring diagram on the last page of the manual is worthless. Here's a picture.
    20171210_110108[1].jpg

2. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    Hopefully someone will chime in. Mine is all covered up for the winter. Just guessing, that green ground wire, that doesn’t look connected, needs to be.

3. mpking

mpking Active Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    I think it's the white wire behind the disconnected green wire. (AKA you have two disconnected wires)

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Have you tested the actual outlet that the unit is plugged into to make sure it has power?

5. kimsteve0110

kimsteve0110 New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    I'm going to take a fresh look at it today. I can't check the outlet because I'm not hooked up to a 30Amp plug at my house and when I try to use my converter plug, I blow my house fuse. I have hooked the power cord of fridge to extension cord so the fridge has power (so long as kill switch isn't somehow preventing it from working). I may have to wait till next camping trip when I'm hooked up to 30amp plug to diagnose all of this.