Door issues

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by SueH8, Feb 10, 2019.

1. SueH8

SueH8 New Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Louisiana
    On our recent camping trip I couldn’t get the canvas on the forward side to meet the door. The door also seemed a bit wonky. We’ve never had an issue with it. I checked the levels both forward and aft, side to side and it was perfectly level.
    Help?

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I think we are going to need a little more information. What type of door do you have, one piece door or two? If you were to measure camper side to inner roof on all four corners are they the same height? Could your bed end accidentally been pulled out too far? When you say wonky what else was wrong?

PopUpSteve likes this.
  3. Toxictom

Toxictom Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Try unzipping the windows on both sides of the door. It makes it a little easier.

4. chambo

chambo Active Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Southern California
    The door issues I've had usually stem from having too much weight on the stabs. Things get out of alignment and don't fit right. Also check that the bed is pulled out square and not too far. And make sure the roof isn't raised too high.

5. SueH8

SueH8 New Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Louisiana
    Thanks - those are all common sense ideas that I didn't think of!

6. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    Hi Sue,

It would also help if you told us the Year Make Model of the camper.

7. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

I found when I had it dialed in—perfectly level both ways—the door wouldn't fit. If I raise the door end about an inch higher, it goes together perfectly (and any rain will run off away from the door, another plus).

Pups are weird that way. So many moving parts.