Driving to look at a 2006 Bayside!

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by MaeKay, Feb 13, 2018.

1. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    Found a 2006 Fleetwood Bayside in Idaho (about 5 hour’s drive away). It’s never leaked and the owner even put a preventive coating on it. Most we’ve looked at leaked but “were repaired” ...but still had a soggy roof.

I even video called them and they showed me it going up and the inside roof and other features. It looks quite clean so here’s hoping our drive is fruitful!

I’ve done waaay too much research on these things. It cracks me up when I know way more about a trailer than the seller does.

jnc likes this.
  2. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Good luck, I hope it pans out for you!

MaeKay likes this.
  3. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Good luck, Hope you found the one

MaeKay likes this.
  4. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    Here's hoping your search is finally coming to an end!

MaeKay likes this.
  5. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    I know! I've been a bit obsessive... but man have I learned a ton about popups from this portal. And everyone is so patient and nice!

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I don't think there is such a thing. Knowledge is power. And it's already paid off for you.

kitphantom, MaeKay and myride like this.
  7. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Good Luck! Hope this is the pup you are searching for!

MaeKay likes this.
  8. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    X2!!

MaeKay likes this.
  9. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    This has really been an adventure for you. Wishing you luck. I drove 3 hrs to get our Niagara.

MaeKay likes this.
  10. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I hope it's exactly what you want! I drove 5 hours to pick up my Bayside....

MaeKay likes this.
  11. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    We bought it! Turns out it was a 2007! (His daughter listed it for him on Facebook). It is sooo clean and truly has never had leaks. It was rainy when we looked at it so we tracked in a little dirt. He kept sweeping it up because he didn’t want to set the cushions on the dirty floor. He also gave us the advice, “Go slow, take your time setting it up. Don’t force anything because that’s how you tear and break things.” He was so clean and careful about the trailer it really made me feel good.

We also bought it for $800 below NADA when everything with a slide around here (and several years older) goes for $1000 or more OVER NADA.

It also tows really nicely, better than I expected given that our first trailer (and my only other towing experience) weighed only 1800 lbs. I’m guessing this one, empty, weighs 3,000. My husband installed a break controller this morning before we left and I’ve been playing with it to find the sweet spot. Not sure if I’ll know what that is yet though.

I also took pictures and videos of the way he folded and tucked the canvas because he did such a good job it closed easily. It was so much easier to collapse than the junky 2004 Bayside we looked at last month.

I am so excited to start outfitting this thing, making bunk end covers, and taking it out for a long weekend!!!

Jorja, Adam H, jmkay1 and 1 other person like this.
  12. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

MaeKay likes this.
  13. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    Fabulous news!
    ....sounds like she was well cared for...enjoy her for as long as you can.

MaeKay likes this.
  14. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I am so Happy for you. I would love to see the video of the seller braking it down!

MaeKay likes this.
  15. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Excellent news! Congratulations!

MaeKay likes this.
  16. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Congrats on your NTU memory maker!!

MaeKay likes this.
  17. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Congratulations! May you have many happy years with it.

MaeKay likes this.
  18. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    There are great set up and break down lists on the portal. Look them up, print and laminate them. Go in order and do it the same way each time so you get into a rhythm. Can't stress the value of Camp Driveway enough. Sounds like you got a great deal, enjoy every moment outside camping with your family.

MaeKay likes this.
  19. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    I don’t feel comfortable posting a video since it shows the seller’s face. But here are two photos that show the finished product of it folded in. Sorry! The video really is helpful. If I ever figure out how to blur his face I’ll have to post it. It was just 1 minute of how he tucked and put in one bunk end. But it made all the difference on how well the lid shut.

Attached Files:

20. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    The seller gave me their two page typed list of setup and take down instructions! Yeah, he’s that good. But I like the idea of laminating it.

I definitely want to do camp driveway. We didn’t do it all the way with our first one.