Faucet Leaking Issues on Starcraft Centennial

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by JunkyBurrittos, Sep 14, 2018.

1. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Hi all,

Now closing in on the end of my second season, I have had problems fairly consistently with water shooting out the base of my faucet, where it screws in. While I hesitate to lay blame, I'm just wondering if this is part of why I was sold the unit in January, when I couldn't test the water. Whether this historically had been a problem.

Anyhow, last year I bought a new faucet, which didn't really fit or work at all, and then I bought little plastic 'O' shaped seals to replace the existing seal and that seemed to at least slightly alleviate the issue for a short while -- it still leaked but in an un-geiser like fashion. But now it seems bad again and I'm really concerned I'm gong to start giving myself some water damage.

I will admit it is very possible that this issue is largely due to operator error. Probably 50% of the time I hook up to a water supply with my hose I get a lot of spray because I couldn't get it on there tight enough. So i don't know if I'm just particularly challenged or if this is an issue others encounter.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? This is one of those nagging issues that pushes me toward wanting to upgrade, so this could save me a whole lot of money if I can get this resolved! [:I]

2. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    First things first; are you using a water "pressure regulator"? If not, if you're just hooking the garden hose to the camper, that could be your issue. Campers of any type don't have the flow capacity a house does because they use much smaller plumbing. You can pick up a pressure regulator in any WalMart/Big BOx type store usually
    in the camping section, sometimes in the garden section. You can confirm this is the issue by simply barely turning
    on the faucet. If water doesn't shoot out, then you know it's a pressure problem.

If, however, that's not the case, I had a bad hose in mine and it leaked bad at the connection. Picked up a standard bathroom sink hose from Lowe's to replace it. Actually, I ended up needing two with a male/male connector in the middle because it was in a flip-over galley.

shuang2 likes this.
  3. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    We had a similar problem, after we use a pressure regulator, problem solved, no leaking anymore.

4. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Thank you both for your responses. I do have a flow regulator attaching the water supply hose to the camper. I try to barely turn on the water as that seems to keep it from leaking on a very good day and keeps the leaking down on an average day. One problem as well especially when turning it fully on is air in the lines. It gasps and belches and forces its way through.

The leaking seems to come from the top of the screw on piece at the base of the faucet, so I’m guessing that’s the issue but interesting suggestion that it could possibly be the hose or connection right below it?

5. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina