First trip was a success!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Andy G., Sep 13, 2017.

1. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    After a lot of cleaning, fixing, and packing, we took our new (to us) pup for a single overnight at Devils Lake State Park in WI, only 45 minutes from home. It was beyond great! We got the last available campsite with electricity, and got the pup set up in 20 minutes. My wife and daughter enjoyed it, and they are definitely NOT outdoor people. The only thing I didn't do is set up the attached awning & screen room. Next time, I'm taking an 8x10 rug to pit outside the door to help keep the dirt out. All neighbors were respectful and pleasant. Looking forward to many more trips asap.

Attached Files:

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Glad you had a good time. We unfortunately will be putting ours away this weekend. School has started, which means so has cross country season. Enjoy!

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Great looking pup & glad to hear you had a successful trip!! (Disregard my question in the other thread [:D])

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Congrats on a great first trip! May I recommend an RV patio mat? Not sure if you are familiar - it is basically a plastic rug. Very durable, can sweep or hose clean, but still flexible and comfortable for bare feet. We have a 9x12 and I wouldn't get anything smaller than that. It does really help your campsite feel clean (er) and cozy!

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI