Fleetwood bulb sizes for LED replacements?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by mkaz, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mkaz

mkaz New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    I'm getting ready for the new season and want to do an LED bulb swap. My problem is that my camper is stored 120 miles away right now so I can't verify the bulb bases that I'll need to do the replacement.

Can anyone give me the bulb bases commonly used on a Fleetwood from 2005? I'd like to do the overhead lights and the outside one as well. I might do the hanging bunkend lights if the price is right so a number for those would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks a lot for the help.

2. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    I know it's not the same model year, but I just went into the garage and checked my outside light and the bulb base is a C922. This is for a 2008 Fleetwood.

3. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern VA
    My 2007 Saratoga uses 1156 style bulbs on the inside ceiling fixtures. The outside fixture uses a different bulb, probably a T13. I'm not sure about the fan-lights, but I think they're 1156 as well.

I used the 1156-PCB-WWHP9 from superbrightleds.com and they're a pretty good match to both the light output and color of the incandescent bulbs. I just used some thick foam tape to attach the panels inside the light fixture.

So far, I've only done the inside lights.

BTW, the C922 is apparently the lamp model and it has a T13 base based on a conversion chart I found on the web site.

My old camper, a 2008 Fleetwood Yuma had an outside fixture that used 1156 bulbs. If your fixture is taller than wide, you probably use the T13 base bulb, whereas if it's wider than that, it probably uses the 1156 bulb. For the interior lights, it had the same light fixtures, but they were single light fixtures whereas my new one has double-light fixtures.

T13 (presumably) fixture
    [​IMG]
    1156 fixture:
    [​IMG]

4. mkaz

mkaz New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Sweet, thanks for the responses all. I'll have to get some bulbs ordered up soon.

The next task is to understand charging from a generator. Search function here I come.

5. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
  6. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern VA
    Those look exactly like what I purchased from Super Bright LEDs. I personally don't like the color, though. 6000K (Kelvin) would probably be considered "cool white" or "daylight" and I feel those are a little too blue and glaring. If you like the color light the incandescent bulbs give off, you would want to look for something that's 3000K or below to get a similar color to the stock bulbs.

These seem to be the same ones in warm white: http://www.amazon.com/BA15s-Warm-White-8-30V-Lumen/dp/B002BN7W0A

Kelvin color reference: http://www.3drender.com/glossary/colortemp.htm

7. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    You are correct, sir - I stand corrected! :)