Fleetwood screen room

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Jwwiff, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jwwiff

Jwwiff New Member

Does anyone have details on the bottom trailer body skirt attachment for the Fleetwood screen room? I have an ‘07 Bayside but the bottom trailer skirt was missing and I am looking at making a different version fit. The Velcro is still on the trailer body. I have the long skirt that goes along the bottom of the camper body but don’t see how they fit the skirt around the wheel and step... Pictures would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Try that.

3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

The Add-a-Room that we purchased with our 2000 Santa Fe had a one piece skirt but was a pain to fit around the stepper door so I cut it into 2 pieces and used Reflectix to fill in the gap behind the stepper door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jwwiff

Jwwiff New Member

Thanks for the video link and the pics of your 2000 Santa Fe skirt. Both were helpful. What does the piece above/in the wheel well look like - rectangular or semi-circular?

5. GreyFox

That was nearly 20 yrs ago but as I recall the piece in the wheel well was curved and fastened to a length of Velstick on the curve of the wheel well.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Sjm9911

I still havent pulled mine out of the bag. I dont think its been used 1. So 20 years old and new. Lol.

7. GreyFox

We bought a slightly used '98 Jayco which came with a screen room but we never used it because it was all one piece and an absolute bear to install. When we ordered our next camper, a 2000 Santa Fe, we had intended to pass on any screen room for it until we discovered the Fleetwood Add-a-Room was made up of 3 separate pieces plus the skirt. At the time our boys were young so we used that AAR quite a bit for the first couple of years but after awhile it really started getting old putting it up and taking it down. Eventually we'd only use one end or the other for a bit more privacy from the site behind us or from the campground road in front. These days I'd never bother with one at all, just too much work.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. Sjm9911

I jever put it up because i havent fixed the awning yet, lol. I do have the outside screen room , that is easy to put up ,takes like 5 miniuts. I might try putting up my add a room, it has the solid sides also when i hit Disney. Just because we will be there for 14 days.