Floor Patchwork question

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Groundhog Day, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day New Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Space Coast Florida
    I have a few soft spots I want to replace, one near the rear curbside corner, and a couple near the lift system supports. The question I have is this, I thought I read somewhere that the walls do not have to be removed to replace the flooring underneath? Of course, if the rot have spread to the side wall, that's a different story. But is there a method to sliding the new wood under the side wall supports without removing them? Other than a pry bar?

Thanks

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Since every manufacturer can use different methods to install the floor, could you please supply the make and model of your camper. Thanks

3. Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day New Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Space Coast Florida
    Well I guess that would help a little.

2002 Rockwood Freedom 1940

4. Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day New Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Space Coast Florida
    The question may have answered itself. I took a sneak peek and discovered that the bottom of the rear wall is rotted. So, off the top of my head, I think the plan will be to remove the back wall, remove sub floor up to the first steel cross member, slide in new sub floor and secure to frame and side walls, and then rebuild and attach rear wall.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    That is a good plan.