Folded beds

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by RDWRER, Jun 3, 2018.

1. RDWRER

RDWRER Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I am looking to go to a Roo 233s from our Jayco pop up. The bed size is the same, but I was wondering if the fold in the bed makes it uncomfortable?

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    The fold hasn't bothered us, just that the mattress was too thin. A 4 inch topper cured this

3. bikendan

bikendan Member

Feb 26, 2012
    We just used a egg crate foam pad on top.

4. LauraLieTx

LauraLieTx Member

May 9, 2011
    I used blow up mattresses with foam on top an mine are super comfy!!!

5. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Jun 8, 2012
    We used a 3 inch topper on all of ours. When closed up for travel we removed them and put them on the dinette. With the toppers you don't really notice the fold in the mattress and they were very comfortable.

6. upstate family

upstate family Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Central New York
    We too added some foam on our mattresses. The fold doesn't bother us at all. My entire family raves at how comfy the bed are in our camper.

7. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    I'm going to say yes, the fold is noticeable. At least on our '06, new models may have better mattresses.
    When it's just the wife and I, we use the mattress from the other end and double up. No problems. When the kids come and we use just the one mattress, very noticeable, for the person laying on the fold, [hands up], which is me. We've talked about getting a topper, but a good portion of the time, it's just been the wife and I, and the free "topper" from the other bunk works great.

8. jerbear

jerbear Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Indiana
    Joet , with the hybrid camper ,when it gets windy is it as noticeable as it is in a regular popup? This is one thing my wife dislikes about the pup .Thanks ,Jerry

9. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Jul 17, 2015
    We got an egg crate style memory foam topper, it doesn't do much good. I'd like to get a larger one, but am unsure how well it will fold in half. I don't want to store it on the dinette, I'd like it folded up with the regular mattress and out of the way.