## Forum Upgrade ##

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by PopUpSteve, Mar 3, 2017.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    It means that the old avatars will soon be available but if you wish to use your own, just make it a camping like theme. Your fine tfischer.

tfischer likes this.
  2. CougarMan

CougarMan New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    As a former webmaster of a forum for a local car club for over 10 years, I can appreciate the hard work that it takes to manage and migrate forum software. I've only been a lurker here for a couple of months but thank you to all who manage and support this website.

One thing I have noticed is that links that point to previous forum posts or to previous forum media take me back to the forum home page. One example is the happy camper fun book found at the link below. I've seen this problem before when transitioning from one software version to another but I'm not sure if a mod or patch is available to preserve old links.
    http://www.popupportal.com/threads/colemen-fleetwood-happycamper-funbook.42012/

I hope this helps. Thanks again!

3. tfischer

tfischer Active Member

Sometimes that's possible, e.g. with some mappings via an .htaccess file, but it tends to be hard to set up unless there's a pre-written one going from the old software to the new.

4. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    I've yet to see it work when changing vendors fir example SMF to XenForo)

seen some attempts, but there's alway problems.