Found this on Amazon but not sure if it will work....

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by JbirdsChick, Mar 23, 2017.

Honest opinion

1. No Way!!!!

42.9%
  2. Maybe

57.1%
  3. Sure! Buy it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

Jul 9, 2012
    Central Kentucky
    You guys are great at steering me away from a disaster. Let the honesty fly!

IMG_1332.PNG IMG_1333.PNG IMG_1334.PNG IMG_1335.PNG IMG_1336.PNG

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Maybe.. a few factors come into play.. How much clearance you have between the tv and trailer, how long is the drawbar and how much will the bikes interfere with the turning radius to name a few..

4. doggirl

doggirl Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I hate to ask but how does the hatch to the TV open with this set up? Unless you just resign to detach the rack before unpacking.
    I've seen one of these type racks that swing to the side but presume the V shaped rack cannot.

5. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

Jul 9, 2012
    Central Kentucky
    I would assume you would have to fully unload.

6. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    I see you have a Tudra. I just put a hitch on the front of my Tundra for a bike rack.

Attached Files:

JbirdsChick likes this.
  7. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I have that rack but purchased it from Discount Racks.

The first time used the U-bolt at the bottom broke, I have since done a little re-engineering and bolt it on more securely.

It works if you have clearance but it seems to always be in the way. You cannot open the back of the TV with it in place.

JbirdsChick likes this.
  8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I agree check clearance before you buy. If you have propane, battery etc on the camper tongue, your bikes may not fit. I used the old fashioned trunk style bike rack on my SUV and could only fit one adult and one child bike otherwise propane etc got in the way. I also was not able to make really tight tight turns without taking the bikes off. So had to take bikes off before backing into a site. I think your best bet would be to try and use a front mounted hitch if you have a lot of bikes.

JbirdsChick likes this.
  9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    We don't often take bikes with us, but when we do, I make them as compact as possible and lay them down in the back of the truck.. I had made a rack to sit above the cover and allow the bikes to stand up, but we sold the pup before I actually got to use it..