Fresh Water Tank hose

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by alex800, Oct 13, 2013.

1. alex800

alex800 New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hello,

Where can I find this hose for Fresh Water Tank for my 2006 Coleman Utah?

Thanks in advance....

[​IMG]

2. frolin

frolin Member

May 13, 2013
    Any hardware store carries something that will work. Don't pay more than needed, its not a speciality part. Just normal hose used on appliances around the house

3. chipskiittles

chipskiittles Member

Jun 16, 2013
    If I had to replace mine again I wouldn't use the same, it's pretty cheap feeling stuff, like most basic RV fixtures.

4. Sterman

Sterman Member

Apr 18, 2011
    abq, nm
    The tubing on ebay doesn't appear to have the non-coiled/flex areas as your original tubing does. The non-coiled part is what you want to have at the clamped ends to get a good seal.
    When mine gave out and I had to replace it, I could not find the right diameter at the home supply places. I did find it at a local trailer supply store, but most RV supply places should carry it.

5. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

Apr 25, 2013
    got mine for $2.80 for 5 ft. They only charged me for 1ft. and I did have to put silicone around the end to keep it from dripping but it works fine.

6. Buffler Razz

Buffler Razz New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Had the same exact hose on my E2, I bought clear tygon tubing from Lowe's. Couple of ss gear clamps and a cpvc elbow did the trick. Much heavier wall and I figure it will outlast the camper. Spent less than $20 total

7. donnyonee

donnyonee New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    camping world sells it in 12 ft lengths and use a food grade silicone for leaks

8. JJustus5

JJustus5 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    I just did this exact repair on my 07 williamsburg. I bought the same hose from an rv supply. Siliconed it and it leaked. Im going to take it out and replace it with the clear hose from lowes. I think the clear hose will be a snugger fit, will seal better and it is a much higher quality. The original hose is really cheap. I don't know why they don't make the fitting on the tank barbed. I would think it would seal a lot better.

9. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Everybody else sells it per ft. Thats why I don't go there unless I have to.

10. BuxCamper

BuxCamper Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    The only really special thing about that hose is it has sections that you can cut for smooth ends and corrugation to give it the ability to bend without collapsing. Any suitable sized and safe for drinking water hose will work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

11. jamwius

jamwius New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Need to replace this hose too and found where to buy or should I say the correct part to order. Below is the link to the place where I ordered it. I will let you know if it is the correct one when I get it.

http://www.williesrv.com/shop/rv-parts/88-8234/Smooth-Bor-Plastics/Smooth-Bor-Water-Fill-101flat-888234

The key is the flat sections allow you to clamp the ends without leaking and the coil areas allow the hose to bend without kinking plus it is the 1-3/8" inside diameter and seems like it is only used in this application and hard to find.

John

12. sanrico

sanrico New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Sorry to bump and old thread, but the same hose just cracked in my '07 Fleetwood Cheyenne. I've been hunting the Internet tonight to find a replacement and a lot of people are saying the 1-3/8" diameter is exclusive to the RV industry. I imagine my local RV parts store will have the replacement for $25. I just wish I could use a hose from Lowe's that would cost me less and work better.

Would you happen to have a pic or something of the Tygon hose you bought?

13. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Nov 14, 2007
    Just replaced mine on my 2008 Niagara. Ace hardware had the reinforced hose for less than $20 for 4 ft. The hose was clear with nylon webbing. 2 clamps , a little silicone sealer for lube( tight fit ) no more leaks. [8D] [PU] [PUT]

14. Sterman

Sterman Member

Apr 18, 2011
    abq, nm
    sanrico, if you are in ABQ, I got my hose (identical to original) from Trailer Supply Co. on Central. It is sold by the foot.

Also, I would caution against using silicone caulking to seal potable water lines.

15. sanrico

sanrico New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Thanks! I will call them. I just went to Aloha RV on the north side of town. They have the hose, but it's $2.95 a foot. Great...$30 for a hose that seems to fail quickly.

I asked how to seal it at the ends (it is the kind that doesn't have the flat sleeve every few feet. The whole thing has the coil reinforcement) and the guy said a clamp would do it. That's contrary to what I've been reading all over the internet.

Isn't there food-grade silicone that I can use to seal it?

16. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Check your local swimming pool supply stores. They look similar.

17. Phranc

Phranc New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Hose Clamps work just fine on that type of hose.

18. sanrico

sanrico New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Well...it's fixed...(kinda).

I bought the hose from the RV place (it ended up only needing about 4 feet). I shared my concern with the sales guy and he assured me the pipe clamp will do the trick.

I wrapped the tank inlet about 10 times (or more) with teflon tape. Then I cranked down the pipe clamps on both ends of the Smooth-Bor hose. And it leaked. About a drop per second. I got back under it and really tightened the pipe clamp more than my comfort zone. It still leaks a little, but at least it's not a steady drip.

It's better than the gaping gash that was in the hose before, but I still want to figure out a way to get that leak to stop. Maybe I can coat the inlet with food-safe silicone.

19. sanrico

sanrico New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Oh and one more thing: that replacement hose is LOW quality. When I cut it to length, the box knife went through it like it was melted butter.

Traveling at 65 mph, I imagine that any road debris would easily make it leak. The metal guard you see in the first pic of this thread has really sharp corners. I could even see that putting a hole in it.

My replacement hose is in place and working for now, but I'm going to continue searching for a more durable solution. I will bump this thread again if I find something that can benefit all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk