G'day from QLD Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fini, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2021.JPG Hi all,
    Recently we bought a pup. Old Millard wind up in fairly good nick. We will spruce it up a bit in the future but quite useable how it is. Will post pics of where we go camping and our set up. We haven't had it out yet. Will be heading across to a place called Inskip Point, mainland at the southern tip of Fraser Island. Will also be doing Fraser Island maybe in September this year, before the school holidays because when there is heavy traffic on the island the sand tracks fall apart real quick. Loving this site with lots of handy info
    Cheers
    Fi

Heartman_wa likes this.
  2. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    Howdy from TX, Lived in a suburb of Brisbane called Indooroopilly near the Brisbane river. Tent camped a few places and spent a week on the Hawkesbury River down south. Xmas at the beach. That was back in the late 60's when they didn't let women in the pubs and I was a kid. Dad supervised the building of Austral Pacific fertilizer plant.

Came home speaking stralian. Enjoy your 'wind up'!

3. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Geday from Kiwiland.
    Yeah lots of resources here, a few missing due to the recent software/format change, but hoping that the manual library will turn up again soon.
    Enjoy the camper, say hi to the local Dingos at Fraser Is.

4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Welcome to the Portal from Southern Ontario, Canada. We had someone else from Oz join up just last week, calls himself 'Gone bush'. He hasn't been back to the Portal in a few days. Its great that there is so much camping and Popups over there. Please post those pictures, we love to see them.

5. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi
    Hi Rabird,
    I'm not too far from Brissy, I know Indooroopilly and most burbs of Bris. Been to the Goldy many times too. Yea ha ha I was a kid in the 60's myself and I remember having to sit in the car with my brother while Dad and Mum went in the pub for a beer ( sometimes for ages lol ) while travelling through NSW. Was the only place they had pokies too back then, weren't allowed in a QLD ha ha

6. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi Antipodes,
    Ha ha yea will do. They're still over there, was a couple of youngins in the compound at Kingfisher resort causing some strife, bit a couple of touros. Lol
    I saw on the radar you guys copped a bit from our ex cyclone Debbie
    Cheers
    Fi

7. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi Wrenchgear,
    I have rellies in Ontario. Never met them or been there although I'd love to visit Canada. In summer of course, don't reckon I'd handle the winter too good ha ha. I've never even seen snow! Lived in Sunny Queensland my whole life and never gone further south than Wollongong NSW !
    Cheers
    Fi

8. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Welcome from Mid-Missouri very interesting!

9. Be-Ce

Be-Ce Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Albany, Oregon
    Hey Fi - welcome on board. I would enjoy seeing pictures of your camping adventures!

10. Gone bush

Gone bush New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Gday Fi.

I'm from the gong originally but now in mudgee central west of NSW. I've spent a good deal of time in the sunshine state over the years but mainly CQ and FNQ with the obligatory holidays on the goldy ( to keep the wife happy) but im a camper at heart. Always been in a swag but have now caught the PUP bug I think. Anyways I'll see ya out there

GB

11. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    Life's good....welcome.campin is campin.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  12. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi Bob,
    Thank you for the welcome :)

13. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi GB,
    My dads family are all from the gong, Fairy Meadow, Balgownie and Mt Ousley. Used to love visiting the cousins there and going to the beach that has the swimming pool and the long path way down. I've done a stint in cq Gladstone, Tannum Sands, back on Sunny Coast now. Never done the swag thing, too worried about the creepy crawlies lol

14. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Thanks for the warm welcome Jacra cheers [8D]

15. Fini

Fini New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hi Be
    Cheers for the welcome !
    Yep I will certainly post some pics of our adventures when we go on one lol soon hopefully ! [Guitar]