Geetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kingsmad, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM.

1. kingsmad

kingsmad New Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Dixmont, ME
    Hello from Northern New England; Maine to be specific.
    My name is Maria. I am a lifetime, hardcore tent camper. The weeklong backpacking, ultralight make your own gear kind. Crazy, I know.
    While I do still intend to tent camp upon occasion, I am finding myself inclined to enjoy comfort while camping more.
    I travel in pursuit of photo ops and historical sites with four companions, one human and 3 canine.
    I recently purchased a 2001 StarCraft Spaceliner, which is in need of some canvas repair. This did not discourage me as I have made my own tent in the past. The canvas repair will be a winter project. Everything else appears to be in great condition.
    I am currently employed as a landscaping crew supervisor, and have been in the industry for 20 years.
    I am certain that I will find this to be a great source of information for any of the other features of my new weekend getaway. I am clueless when it comes to the heating/refrigeration/water/lighting systems.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Boy bear.jpg Welcome from the southern part of New England, Connecticut. Funny thing is we camp more in Maine than Connecticut.

3. kingsmad

kingsmad New Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Dixmont, ME
    Where do you camp in Maine?
    We are mostly coastal, but some also in Northern Maine.
    My Uncle lives in Torrington.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Bar Harbor/Acadia
    Camden Hills
    We are down by Mohegan Sun The Indian boy and bear are from there.

5. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    Welcome from the UP of MI. We are hikers/backpackers as well but we also do a few more silent sports like cycling and XCing..

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

7. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

8. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome from NM.
    Maine is beautiful. I'm originally from WNY, so New England was one of our vacation destinations. My uncle and aunt retired to her hometown of Patten (north of you), so we'd visit them there for a few years.(Both are now long gone and I'm a convert to the SW.)
    Good sections to begin reading in are "In the Garage" and "At the Campsite". If you add the make, model, and year of your pup to your signature line, it helps the rest of us to know what you're dealing with for mods and repairs.

10. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

11. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!