General E-Trailer comment

Discussion in 'Etrailer.com Trailers and Towing Forum' started by turborich, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I bought a bike rack from eTrailer recently. the very first purchase and it came quickly with plenty of time before the 1st camping trip of the year. A positive experience.

2. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I too have purchased alot of items from ETRAILER.com with great experiences.. Their site is full of very useful information as well... Have made several communications with them over the years about various things trailer related...

Put me on the 'I like them' side...

Roy Ken

3. turborich

turborich Active Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Not exaggerated by any means. Do some research on trailer tires specifically.

4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Ordered from etrailer a few times, always got what was described, good condition and fast.

5. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    I did end up ordering the hitch and wiring adapter for the Sedona last month. Etrailer got it to me quickly and in perfect condition as usual. Haven't towed the pup yet, but I have made a few trips to the landfill with the 5x8 cargo trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Ordered a front hitch receiver yesterday, still waiting on delivery. Looked on site today. They had the same one 16 dollars cheaper, called and they credited my card the difference, wonder if they would have done that if I didn't notice it?

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Ordered a bike rack and brake controller plug and play from etrailer, fast delivery and good products

8. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I called to order a set of tires, they said their only guarantee on tire dates was under 2 years old.

I found the tires I needed on walmart.com for a much better price. and the tires were less than 8 weeks old when they were delivered! Yes EIGHT weeks from date of manufacture, they were almost still warm!!! :cool:

tzmartin likes this.
  9. joet

joet Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    update 1 year later: e-trailer john did sent me a pm, saying that this was not standard procedure.....but still nothing. E-trailer's lowest price pledge amounts to empty words. Buyer beware!

10. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Haybale I like to trout fish some baits Walmart sells are as much as 3 to 4 bux under Amazon prices. I price check everyone then hit Walmarts last!!! Plus there is a Walmart in every town other outfits not so much!!

11. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Active Member

Ordered 3 tires on etrailer last Friday afternoon and they were delivered Monday morning. Got them mounted and put on today. 2 tires were 8 months and the other was 9 months old. Acceptable for me.

12. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    I've bought a pair of stabilizers, a couple sets of bearing buddys, & a few other incidentals from e-trailer, everything arrived promptly & in good shape....maybe I was just lucky, but no complaints here.

13. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    No matter how long you have been in business so many things can happen in transactions to upset people! Sometimes it is best for everyone s interest to part ways!

theseus likes this.
  14. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I ordered two tires in March. Both were made in December. 3 months is totally acceptable to me.

15. Formula388

Formula388 New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I ordered a set of tires from etrailer this month, one tire was August 2016, the other tire had NO date code at all. They were manufactured in different plants also (based off the DOT number)
    I contacted etrailer and they sent me a return label for the tire with no date code and sent a replacement tire. I was leaving on a trip and had to use the tire with no date code for a few hundred miles but I am swapping them today and sending it back. As much as this was an inconvenience, they did the right thing by replacing the tire.

I find it strange that etrailer doesnt sell tires in matched sets. Whenever I buy automotive tires online, they ALWAYS come as a matched pair so to speak. All the date codes typically match as far as I can remember.

16. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Simply because they don't send matched sets is another reason why I wont deal with them.

How many people do not know to look? Then have a blow out? No thanks.

tzmartin likes this.